User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.0K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To distract from ponies, I just thought I'd show off the official campaign poster for my unopposed run for my small town's city council that will never be printed or used:

VGvpi.png

• @Comrade Pants said: To distract from ponies, I just thought I'd show off the official campaign poster for my unopposed run for my small town's city council that will never be printed or used:

VGvpi.png

First Action; Toclafane invasion.

• The "I can't decide" song will be fun!

• @coolsome said: The "I can't decide" song will be fun!

I offer my services as party singer.

• @Ribs said: First Action; Toclafane invasion.

Fun fact: the Georgian version of the HMS Valiant is a rusted out Ford pickup we found abandoned near Lake Lanier.

@Ribs said: The "I can't decide" song will be fun!

Right, it's already stuck in my head. Speaking of; tell me you can hear that drumming, too!?

@Ribs said: I offer my services as party singer.

You're hired! Your pay is getting to survive.

• @Comrade Pants said: You're hired! Your pay is getting to survive.

Fantastic! That's much better than money in an apocalypse anyways.

• @Ribs said: Also; this thing popped up on Forbidden Planet.
    80498.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

The tweed-to-brown transition makes it look a little weird. Has anybody taken any pictures of these shirts in real life? Some of them look really cool

• This thing about the movie... the guy running the whole scheme (scam?) wants an out-of-continuity movie, completely fresh and unrelated to the TV series, written by Americans who "understand" the British. While that's slightly more reassuring than "Americans who 'understand' 'Doctor Who'" (see all abortive '90s reboots, and theory that the first Doctor worked for the CIA), I don't think something unrelated to the TV series is a good idea, if only because it won't help overseas sales of the show because people will see it as dislocated from their first introduction to the series.

(By-the-way, there's an article about Death's Head over on the Starburst website!)

• [QUOTE]
    Yates said it would take "two to three years to get it right" as the show needs "quite a radical transformation".
    "Russell T. Davies and then Steven Moffat have done their own transformations, which were fantastic, but we have to put that aside and start from scratch," he said.[/UNQUOTE]

Is that code for "I hate 'Doctor Who', RTF and the Moff don't know jack, but there's money in this for me"?:confused:

• That's what it sounds like, FitzoliverJ.

And the worst part is, it's looking more and more like there's actually some truth to the movie rumours for once. Darn.

Don't get me wrong, a Doctor Who movie could be brilliant. Just not the one Yates is describing!

Add Comment