User Avatar Image

Most Replayable Game(s) You've Played

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 800 users

Replayability - some games lack it completely, but there are others which just thrive in the area. Whilst we've all probably played dozens of titles which we have absolutely no inclination to return to after completion (or maybe even before completion), there are others which we find ourselves wanting to revisit regularly and repeatedly.

I'm just wondering what games, for you personally, fit this description. What games have you played which possess the greatest level of replayability?

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean the games with the greatest exploration, the games with the most freedom, or the games with the largest number of different routes to take and alternate decisions to make (though those can certainly be factors in creating enhanced replayability, for sure; I'm not discounting that), but it simply refers to games that hold elements which you just constantly find yourself wanting to re-experience.

So go ahead and share these titles with us, and also tell us the reasons why these games are so replayable for you.

Also, alternatively, feel free to share the titles of the games which you found to have the least amount of replayable value; that could also be interesting.

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It has to be Fallout. I just love playing in that world, and playing it in different ways. The amount of mods that are still available helps in that respect. Sometimes I like to cheat the hell out of the game and become some Über Vault Dweller, an unstoppable killing machine who just wants to wipe out all life on this scorched earth. Not that I'm trying to compensate for anything!

• Dungeons and Dragons. Graphics might suck, and it might lag during multi-player, but it's got a lot of replayability.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@tredlow said: Dungeons and Dragons. Graphics might suck, and it might lag during multi-player, but it's got a lot of replayability.

That's just... win. So how do you soft reboot your party when they become unresponsive? Mine require a regular diet of Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

• @divisionten said: That's just... win. So how do you soft reboot your party when they become unresponsive? Mine require a regular diet of Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

I never really had to soft reboot. It's usually just the player by the tavern getting drunk.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

A question of taste. ;)

Even if they're the greatest games ever, I don't find myself replaying those 70-to-100-hour RPGs these days. Somehow Mass Effect 2 with its 3rd person shooter elements has tickled my replay reflex, but that is indeed an exception. Exploration is not the greatest asset of the series - but too much, too open games just seem to be too much effort and time for me to invest in computer games. Hence shorter action-adventures have a far higher chance to end up on my PC again and again. Prince of Persia 2008 for example, but also Tomb Raider Anniversary, but most of all Beyond Good & Evil. Seasons 2 and 3 of Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island are Telltale's achievements which I normally revisit once a year.

• Actually, Fallout 3 and New Vegas are very replayable for me. Also, I find Assassin's Creed games very refreshing at times.

• Can't believe the thread has gotten this far with no mention of Star Fox 64.

• Top 3 All time are:
    1. Borderlands+all dlc Co-op
    2. Torchlight
    3. Diablo II + LOD

• @tredlow said: Dungeons and Dragons. Graphics might suck, and it might lag during multi-player, but it's got a lot of replayability.

Yes. Yesyesyesyesyesyes.

This reminds me that I wanted to create an interesting Illithid build to add to my menagerie of monstrous characters.

• The Monkey Island games, Full Throttle, the Mass Effect games (especially Mass Effect 2 - the first one can be a bit of a slog in places), the Uncharted games. I guess what they all have in common is that they're all really entertaining.

Add Comment