User Avatar Image

What about a movie mode ?

posted by Mwyann on - last edited - Viewed by 855 users

Hi everybody,

I was playing Sam and Max a few days ago, and after having some episode finished, and realizing all the time I spent on it (clicking on quite every single dialog possibility to get all the mad the game can be full of), I thought i twould be nice to review it, like a movie, without playing, just seeing the entire action and dialogs (not ALL of them, but the funniest of course). This wouldn't be possible until you've just finished the game, as to protect the player from viewing all the game and get the solution so easily (why not, even through debug mode).

I think this is possible, I read some posts about the famous T3 Tool, and I'm sure this would be an interesting way of getting more Sam&Max out of the box with lots of pleasure. And it would make whole films real-timed generated :D

What about this ? Does it have been already discussed somewhere I didn't find ? Or maybe already made ? Or in progress ? What do you think of this ?

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry I got feisty! I'll be less of a jerk*: We would love to do a movie mode, it's a great idea that's been kicked around many times at the office. If we ever find ourselves in the position to make it work, you'll be the first to know!

* I didn't mean to come off as a jerk before! Sorry if I did.

• @Jake said: Sorry I got feisty! I'll be less of a jerk*: We would love to do a movie mode, it's a great idea that's been kicked around many times at the office. If we ever find ourselves in the position to make it work, you'll be the first to know!

* I didn't mean to come off as a jerk before! Sorry if I did.

That's OK, I'm surely not used enough to this kind of "jerky" messages, as I could perhaps misunderstand some of the english expressions or stuff. But as I read, I took some posts not very "welcoming", even if they were actually. I'm sorry for that.

• Hooray for accidental confrontation due to the language barrier. This is how wars get started!

• @Jake said: Hooray for accidental confrontation due to the language barrier. This is how wars get started!

Well, let's not start a war here please ;) I don't like it at all :p

• yeah please dont start a war here! if we would start a war max would be quite sorry because he couldnt start it

• @Gresman said: yeah please dont start a war here! if we would start a war max would be quite sorry because he couldnt start it

And he would nuke us all !

• yeah and we dont want that do we??

• I dare to bring this thread up again, and as I'm watching the audio-commentaries on the S1-DVD right now, I'm really hoping there'd be a way to include a "movie"-version (like "Sam & Max Nearly Save Christmas") for each episode on the S2-DVD. I think it'd be really enjoyable having not just the cutscenes, but some really memorable bits of in-game dialogue to link those, allowing to watch these as more or less complete TV-like-episodes (plus your commentary-tracks of course).

Of course, having the episodes fully played would add up to about 2 or 3 hours each, so that probably wouldn't be possible (unless you make S2 a 2-disc set ;) ). But maybe it's still worth considering it.

• Just noticed this post. For what it's worth, we did include some non-cutscene moments on the Season One DVD, though mostly it was cutscenes. The original plan was to just do cutscene reels, but as Nick was going through the games he snuck in some other funny moments, and it greatly improved the videos. It's my hope to do the same thing with Season Two, though if we have time I would be happy to make the clip sessions for each game a little longer than Season One's.

Add Comment