User Avatar Image

[JP] Mouse cursor not visible in-game

posted by ozwally on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Hi,

I have selected Mouse as my selected input method, for the first few scenes of the game I can see my mouse cursor, however as soon as I completed the dock scene where you gain access to the park any subsequent scenes I do not have the mouse cursor making the game pretty much unplayable

Let me know if you need more info

Cheers

Just found that restarting the game fixes this, however I dont want to have to restart it every few scenes

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • dang i don't know how to update..... stuck here.... :(

• http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

You will need to select the appropriate options for your system in the dropdown boxes on the right in order to download the latest drivers.

wow this is confusing.

• @Michael Parks said: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

You will need to select the appropriate options for your system in the dropdown boxes on the right in order to download the latest drivers.

.............what?......sigh i tried filling it out but don't know the product model.
    i think im filling this out wrong.......sigh stuck again...

is there any other method to fix the cursor?

• You're using an ATI Radeon HD 6570 under the 64-bit version of Windows 7, according to your DXDiag.

• My drivers are up-to-date and I'm also getting the mouse cursor disappear issue. It happens during times when you need the mouse (ie in Nedry's car to first start the jeep where you have to click and drag. Can't post dxdiag right now, but will edit it into this post once I'm back on desktop in hope that it might help. (typing from phone ATM).

It's beautiful stuff, though. Sad that I can't run the depth of field without massive perf hits, but it looks great without! Bugs happen, esp on launch day. It's telling that they're not enough to ruin the game.

• This happened to me as well, especially during exploration scene at Nedry's jeep. While I had no cursor, I totally thought a Dilo was gonna jump my bones and steal my machete....but they didn't.

Ensuring that there was a recent save point was helpful. I just ALT+F4ed the game, reran it, loaded save, and cursor was back. Those frequent saves are useful.

Dxdiag attached. (Note: I'm also having graphics lag on Highest setting....maybe there is something in common.)

• @HooblaDGN said: My drivers are up-to-date and I'm also getting the mouse cursor disappear issue. It happens during times when you need the mouse (ie in Nedry's car to first start the jeep where you have to click and drag. Can't post dxdiag right now, but will edit it into this post once I'm back on desktop in hope that it might help. (typing from phone ATM).

It's beautiful stuff, though. Sad that I can't run the depth of field without massive perf hits, but it looks great without! Bugs happen, esp on launch day. It's telling that they're not enough to ruin the game.

this is my problem it disappears during parts when u need the mouse.

• @sniperwar10 said: this is from a support page

Identifying an ATI product using Windows® Device Manager
    Click on the Start or the Orb button
    Type in devmgmt.msc in the Run command or Search for Device Manger
    Double-click Display Adapters to expand
    The graphics card make and model will be listed
    Note! Video Controller (VGA Compatible) is shown when display drivers are not installed

i did this and double click it

i see the settings and on the left it says update driver.

can i update from there?

sniperwar try the following link to the amd/ati driver support page. Step 1, select Desktop graphics. Step 2, try an select Auto-detect. If that doesn't work, try to select the specific version (in this case HD 5xxx).

Add Comment