User Avatar Image

Deluxe Edition Soundtrack

posted by scallenger on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

I just downloaded the soundtrack as part of the exclusive features of the Deluxe Edition. I noticed that there is no track order for the many cues presented in the download, just listed alphabetically. Telltale, could you perhaps put up a track listing that puts these tracks in some kind of order of the game's events? Thanks!

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Where's the majesty and spendor of the film music, the Game music is terrible and i never thought id say that after loving sam and max and monkey island music so much

• Is the original theme in there? I cant seem to find it.

• @scallenger said: I just downloaded the soundtrack as part of the exclusive features of the Deluxe Edition. I noticed that there is no track order for the many cues presented in the download, just listed alphabetically. Telltale, could you perhaps put up a track listing that puts these tracks in some kind of order of the game's events? Thanks!

Where did you find It??

• It may be how you are viewing them, but the track order appears for me:

tracksf.th.jpg

The track number, artist, etc. is part of the metadata, so it should display and sort automatically in iTunes and Windows.

BitToTheFuture, if you ordered the Deluxe Edition of the game, the soundtrack download option should be available from the same "My Games" page where you downloaded the game.

I disagree with the criticisms. Though nobody can top John Williams, I think the soundtrack is a close match to, and a good companion to, the original film sountrack.

• @jurassiraptor said: It may be how you are viewing them, but the track order appears for me:

tracksf.th.jpg

The track number, artist, etc. is part of the metadata, so it should display and sort automatically in iTunes and Windows.

BitToTheFuture, if you ordered the Deluxe Edition of the game, the soundtrack download option should be available from the same "My Games" page where you downloaded the game.

I disagree with the criticisms. Though nobody can top John Williams, I think the soundtrack is a close match to, and a good companion to, the original film sountrack.

Thanks so much!! I thought that it was inside the box!!!

• Thanks Jurassiraptor, but that is still just in Alphabetical order if you notice. :( I doubt that is any real intended order of game events. Oh well, I guess I could figure it out myself sometime. Still cool to have it! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Tor

It's possible to generate better file names (e.g. with track numbers in them) based on the metadata. Use a tool like Mp3tag or similar.

• Kind of interesting. Having played the first two levels of the game so far myself (loving it), the composer does have some "fun" little variations on various Jurassic Park themes throughout the game. And not just the "Island" theme or even the "carnivore" motif, but I even heard lifts from "High Wire Stunts" and some others. Even a riff on the Opening Titles, haha. For the purposes of the game I thought it was very well done. However, the 29-track soundtrack (in 320k MP3, thank goodness) that comes with the deluxe version of the game doesn't include ANY of it! Instead it includes what seems like all of Jared's "original" music, which also appears in the game throughout. Now this music isn't bad game music at all, like some people feel it is here. In fact, there is this one very peaceful tune that is really very lovely.

So, it's really curious... was Telltale Games not allowed to "offer" the other music because it incorporates John Williams themes? Or was this deliberate to only highlight just the "original" work done? Very curious.

Also, for those who were also curious, the game does feature some music directly from the film in a couple moments (the main theme, from the end credits I believe).

• I assume it was indeed legal problems. It's pretty much similar to James Hannigans' "Harry Potter" video game scores (which are, by the way, gorgeous!), as he also included some of John Williams' themes in the soundtrack, and those were all edited out in the digital download versions of those soundtracks. The themes were licensed to be used in the game(s), but any further use beyond that wasn't allowed.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

So the soundtrack has just JEJ's emulation of Williams' style, but not his motifs?

That sounds interesting indeed. I'll get me that soundtrack this evening. :D

Add Comment