User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 21.2K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

432 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hey im stuck on when shes trying to fix the car and nothing is working :( HELP

• Okay, here's my opinions outside of the obvious bugs

I'm using the 360 controller on PC and despite it being a QTE I found the icons far too small whilst in the mix of the cinematic & made a few clumsy mistakes. Heavy Rain had icons about 4x the size of this! Plus I'm finding some of the button combos pretty clumsy like hold LB+RB & rapidly press A at the same time just to stand up

There's a lot of awkward bumps where its like I'm waiting for the speech to kick in & the framerate drops a bit leading to a not-so-cinematic experience

Aside from that the game's alright, some of the graphics look pretty smooth although obviously lacks the detail you'd find in any big budget game. However I'm not exactly engrossed by the opening but I've only played it for about 10min

• I am very impressed with this production. The gameplay really works and I was enjoying episode 1 fully throughout. Really great exciting setpieces. =)
    It has a good length too imo and I love exploring every scenario before getting gold. Can't wait to start with episode 2. I am not a Jurassic Park fan, but this really exceeded my expectations.

• @thcoolnam said: hey im stuck on when shes trying to fix the car and nothing is working :( HELP

Ha, I had the same problem because I thought I should swing it repeatedly from left to right and back. All you need to do is to find the exact spot when the sparkles glow and wait a while.

• i found it but its not working :(

• and ive yet to see the lights spark

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

@thcoolnam said: and ive yet to see the lights spark

If you're playing on PC, it takes a little more dexterity than with gamepad since the camera wavers a bit-- you have to track that sweet spot with the mouse as the camera weaves.

• Just finished the first episode and I'm really liking. :) The story runs like an express train but otherwise is moving into an interesting direction.

Something that has been bothering me is for sometimes the cursor disappears during the exploration scenes and it only reappears after loading the game.

• When the T Rex was in the visitor centre and I was hiding behind the car and I hung up on the radio. The T Rex tipped the car over and crushed me. Then I restart and the car's still typed over and the characters are going through it! AND THEN THE CAR DRIVES AWAY ON ITS SIDE! :D

• I finished the game last night. I have to say the folks at Telltale really did their homework with this one! Good job guys! The references to the books and sequel movies was great and the nod to Sarah Harding really made me have a WOOOHOO! moment! TBH, the storyline of this game was better than the mess of a film that was JP3.

That said, aside from the lower end graphics and a few glitchy areas, I found the game pretty enjoyable. I'm not a hardcore gamer and I don't know the technical details of how games are made now and how they should look and function and all that jazz, but I can say I fully enjoyed what we got. This is probably THE best JP game out there. I fully felt like I sat in the theater after JP and watched its true sequel. The only thing I would have done different is maybe had a few more "Serene JP moments" with Brachiosaurs, Gallimimus, and Stegosaurs etc. wandering around. The best part for this would have been when Nima and Gerry are talking on the lookout. I thought it was coming but it didn't.

As a hardcore JP fan, I was impressed. I know people are complaining about graphics and glitches but for me, this was the best thing JP to come out in a LONG time and the crew at TT deserves a round of applause from the fanboys like me. :-)

Add Comment