User Avatar Image

Deluxe Edition Soundtrack

posted by scallenger on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

I just downloaded the soundtrack as part of the exclusive features of the Deluxe Edition. I noticed that there is no track order for the many cues presented in the download, just listed alphabetically. Telltale, could you perhaps put up a track listing that puts these tracks in some kind of order of the game's events? Thanks!

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @jurassiraptor said: It may be how you are viewing them, but the track order appears for me:

tracksf.th.jpg

Am I the only one that finds numbering the tracks in alphabetical order is a bit lazy?

• @scallenger said: Telltale, could you perhaps put up a track listing that puts these tracks in some kind of order of the game's events? Thanks!

NO! Because that would just be way tooo simple especially for a bunch of game developers that are sitting on their asses looking at their paychecks to get up and fix the shit that is messed up.

After all is said and done, this game should've just been given away for free to everyone at least for a limited time.

• @Reznor2112 said: After all is said and done, this game should've just been given away for free to everyone at least for a limited time.

Yeah, no, I don't think that, after all this time, effort, and money dumped into this project, they should just give it away to whiny cretons.

• Here is some album artwork I just made for anyone who wants the soundtrack in their music library. It's a bit blurry, since the game logo on the Telltale VIP site is low resolution, but it gets the job done.

You can download it using this direct link: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6219/6351031512_8f8816f6c5_b_d.jpg

• @nanotyrano said: Is the original theme in there? I cant seem to find it.

Laserschwert is right. It's similar to the above mentioned Harry Potter thing. The original JP theme is owned by John Williams and we licensed it for game use, so you'll hear familiar JP melodies verbatim and woven into other tracks by Jared throughout the game itself, but our license does not include distributing it with the soundtrack, so any cues from the game which use the movie's themes are not included here.

As for track order, I don't think Jared had an intended order for this release, though he says that, by chance, they have a surprisingly nice flow in alphabetical order in terms of long to short, upbeat to downbeat distribution.

• @Reznor2112 said: NO! Because that would just be way tooo simple especially for a bunch of game developers that are sitting on their asses looking at their paychecks to get up and fix the shit that is messed up.

After all is said and done, this game should've just been given away for free to everyone at least for a limited time.

Yes, you are totally right! Here, why don't you use my login details so you can download it for free like you deserve, nay, EARNED.

Login: icantbelieveilive@societywhereihaveto.pay
    Pass: forgoodsandserviceswithactualmoney

I too hope to live in the ideal world you imagine, where people will let me have whatever I want for with the only payment desired is the opportunity to read my sage forum posts.

Yeah- you keep on tilting at windmills, man.

• I've also done a back cover for those who want a physical cd case.

Here are the Flickr links for both covers

Front: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24241414@N02/6351031512/in/photostream/
    Back: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24241414@N02/6351395844/in/photostream

EDIT: I just realized I missed two tracks on the listing for the back cover. I'll update that soon.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Guys, I mentioned this several times- please feel free to discuss away, all opinions are welcome here, but no personal attacks. Calling another forum member stupid/jerk, etc. results in an infraction, followed by a ban. We can all have our opinions wiyhout being rude to others.

• I found a typo in the Soundtrack. Raptor Run is incorrectly spelled as rapter run. I'm just picky. :p

• @nanotyrano said: I found a typo in the Soundtrack. Raptor Run is incorrectly spelled as rapter run. I'm just picky. :p

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it when I do the missing tracks. I also want to make a cd label. I like having an actual soundtrack CD instead of just a digital version.

Does anyone know of a higher resolution game logo I can use for the front cover?

EDIT: Lol. I misunderstood. You meant the typo was on the track itself, not the back cover I did.

Add Comment