User Avatar Image

Seriously, did Telltale Games any sort of fixing the last months?

posted by tope1983 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

As I was looking forward to this game and actually pre-ordered the deluxe edition I have to say that this game isn't optimized AT ALL!

Reading a lot of posts here I am not the only person having problems.
It seems that Jurassic Park: The Game lacks a lot of optimization, even on PS3!

The game is nearly unplayable at the highest settings, even if your computer easily reaches the recommended specs. Turning on the DOF leads to massive stuttering and lags resulting in desynchronized audio and freezes for more than a whole second. A lot of QTE aren't beatable, scenes are cut or getting repeated.

Especially at the very beginning of Episode 1 there occur some major bugs.
During the Triceratops scene, where Gerry and Jess are overlooking the pen and the player uses the binocular, some dialogues are repeated. This is not a PC only issue. PS3 users are having the same problem.

I completed Episode I and replayed the 2nd scenario of it several times with different settings to find out that the repeated dialogue always occurs.
As this is at the very beginning of the game and TTG wanted to publish this episode already 7 months ago, I am wondering what sort of fixing there has been during the last half year? Any at all?
Or was the game in the april edition even more annoying?

Sorry to say that but especially for a cinematic experience JP:TG isn't polished at all. I feels rushed and sloppy.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Masta23 said: I was hoping the performance problems would go away, but I have just reached the T-Rex scene and the stutterring just ruins the cinematic experience. Are these problems throughout the entire game?

I could minimize my stuttering and lag-problem by adjusting the graphical settings. Going down from HIGHEST to HIGH deactivates post-processing like DOF (depth of field) but the game now runs much smoother.
    Unfortunately this issue also occurs on high-end pcs.

• Oh no, that doesnt sound good. I had problems with cut off dialogue and bad lip synching with the german Bttf version and that really damaged the feel of the game. I was really hoping they would fix that in JP. Hopefully they'll do a patch

• Currently having a problem on the PC version where my mouse disappears while in-game, but reappears when back on the game's menu. I've quit and am just about to restart and see if that helps...

• What really makes me wonder besides what people here have mentioned is that, who thought to themselves, having people having to skift through and apply each resolution to get to the resolution you wanna use was a good idea?.

I mean that shows some seriously lack on how to make games. Some monitors actully cant show some resolutions and since the mouse position moves when you scale up resolution you cant click next with a black screen.

Is companies trying to piss off PC gamers, or are you just so respectless that you just dont care and we are just getting some crummy PC port that nobody has inspected for more than 5min.

My faith in telltale has really dropped lately, its sad seeing the quality of their games drop to such a low standard

The game also has very poor audio, why does every single new game from Telltale suffer from this? why wont you learn? but you change stuff to the worse that works. Remove the resolution stuff and let me select my resolution before using said resolution.

It becomes increasingly hard not to become mad and even enraged at Telltale games.

You might as well just have the guts to come up front and either stupid making PC games, if the best we can expect is such a bad consol port to be honest with you.

Im almost afraid to think of what state the PC version would be in if the game had not be delayed, could it have been even worse ? :O

• An issue I've been having is a startup failure. I've installed the game, and it works fine on the second to highest graphic settings, although I've encountered one instance where the game froze in episode one.
    What happens, however, is that if I want to boot the game and click the desktop icon, nothing happens, although the game process is starting according to Task Manager. I need to end the process in Task Manager, then start the game again and it works fine.

Oh, and just for the record, I run the game on an Intel i7 Quad-core processor with 12GB of ram and a 1GB nVidia graphics card.

• @sebastiaan.raats said: An issue I've been having is a startup failure. I've installed the game, and it works fine on the second to highest graphic settings, although I've encountered one instance where the game froze in episode one.
    What happens, however, is that if I want to boot the game and click the desktop icon, nothing happens, although the game process is starting according to Task Manager. I need to end the process in Task Manager, then start the game again and it works fine.

Oh, and just for the record, I run the game on an Intel i7 Quad-core processor with 12GB of ram and a 1GB nVidia graphics card.

This is being discussed in another thread. When you close the game it exits out to a window. Sometimes this isn't visible and is still running the background. You cannot launch the game again because the last instance never closed. It seems the only way to open it up is to close it via the task manager as you figured out.

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

It saddens me to hear about your guys' trouble with the game.

Not that I could troubleshoot each and every one of your issues, but simply appending system specs to your posts could help expose troublesome hardware.

None of the versions are ports in the strictest sense-- they are all developed simultaneously with the same data and tools, much like how engines like Unity, Unreal and Torque compile to various platforms from a single project.

The only special treatment that PC got was an entire alternate control scheme for people who want to play on a PC but don't have a controller.

But you gotta think about the fact that there is one basic XBox configuration, one basic PS3 configuration, only 2 iPads... but a nearly uncountable combination of PC configurations.

As for the graphics quality options fixing up a lot of things-- you should try that-- the graphics quality settings are simple, and basically just disable various effects in a smart order to help extend back compatibility with older cards and DirectX versions.

Good luck! I hope you find a configuration that allows you to play through from start to finish as smoothly as possible.

• Does TTG run closed betas prior to release? As surely with a decent sample set say 60/40 (PC/Mac) they could have avoided some of these issues.

For me, so far, I just have blocky shadows (most noticeable so far in Ep 1, sc3 where the blokes lapel / neck area is this large blocked mass that isn't pretty) and choppy speech audio which is somewhere between stuttering and overlapping. I do partly put it down to running OS X Lion which isn't as smooth on my system as Snow Leopard was.

System Specs: 13" Mac Book Pro, 2.53Ghz, 4 GB ram, 5400 rpm HD (not stock), NVidia 9400M 256m, 1280x800 running OS X 10.7.2 (and XP in boot camp). Running JP in default settings, except bumped res from 1024x768 to 1280x800.

I will say it playing smoother than BTTF did on my system.

• The game looks even uglier than I thought and it still lags. What an effin joke :rolleyes::eek::eek:

• My specs:
    2,4 Ghz Intel Quad Core i7
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
    Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

My problems: Shadows that are just giant pixels, audio not synchronized, slowdowns and brakes!

My question... Is my Mac good enough to play JP!?

Add Comment