User Avatar Image

Thanks Telltale

posted by Sallymerrett22 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

I have been looking all over these forums tonight and I have seen a lot of people complaining about various problems, this is fair enough as it has only just been released and a few problems are to be expected. However one thing I haven't seen is anyone saying Thank You Telltale for bringing us Jurassic Park The Game. Now I know all of the people who aren't having problems are probably enjoying the game as its really good fun but if you read this post just take 10 seconds to say thanks as I know they will really appreciate it, so here are my thanks;

Thank you Telltale

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've been waiting for this game since 1993. So a big thank you I hope you get another opportunity to make a series 2.

I know the game has its bugs, but it didn't stop me from being thrilled from beginning to end, and makes me insanely jealous not working for your creative team especially when it comes to writing.

I hope your experiences on Jurassic Park has helped you increase the quality of your products, and I'm sure it has enabled you to push boundaries on what you can do with your engine, and help improve your engine tenfold. Well Done

• I would also like to thank you. I read Jurassic Park twice in the fourth grade before the movie came out. I saw the movie three or four times on the big screen. It helped that it played at the $1 theater for over a year straight. I was also a huge adventure game fan from the time I got my hands on the first Monkey Island game, which was right around that same time. This is a game that I've wanted since.

You've managed to bring so many of my favorite things from that era of my childhood (Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit, Jurassic Park) and let me experience them all over again as an adult. Thank you for this and for all of the other wonderful games that you've given us.

• Thanks for helping to bring Chrictons story and universe to life.

• User Avatar Image
    8bitnick Telltale Staff

It's been said before, but Telltale really does have the best fans :)

• Same here guys, I haven't really suffered from the issues others have and I've really enjoyed the game. I also realize that you guys do something special here that isn't really done else where. When adventure gaming was becoming rare you picked up one of the best series of all times (Monkey Island) and gave it to us. I have had one minor glitch prior to JP (Last BTTF Episode) out of all the games I've purchased from you guys. There isn't one game I've bought I regret buying and I hope you continue to do what your doing. After seeing the way JP was handled it gives me high hopes for the Walking Dead. So a big thank you to all the telltale gang and the hard work I know you have put in.

• The game does have a few bugs here and there but personally I haven't seen anything show stopping yet. One time I had to restart the game because the mouse cursor wasn't visible anymore, that's the "worst" bug I encountered.

And the game itself, even though the episodes seem to be a bit shorter than usual, blew me away. I would never have thought this would turn out to be a good game when I heard it's going to be an interactive movie kind of thing and when I saw the graphics on the screenshots which are okay for adventure games but surely not for a cinematic experience (or so I thought!). I was a really big Jurassic Park fan as a kid, I had all the toys, so keep this in mind when I say that I liked the game even better than the first Jurassic Park movie (which is the best of the three in my opinion). Playing the game gives you the exact same feeling as watching the first JP movie, which is an enormous feat already, but what makes it even better is that it manages to be even more thrilling than the movie already is. And there are just so many really crazy and memorable moments in the game.

So, thanks Telltale! You really did a great job. I'm certain that for a lot of people this game is going to be one of those very few games you play every couple of years for the rest of your life (hopefully ScummVM will support it in a few decades).

• Well I was disappointed because of the lagging and freezing. Then I just decreased the shadow quality and it's okay now. I can now fully enjoy the game. This does need fixing, BUT that's for another thread.

Thanks Telltale... I am on episode 3 atm but loving it so far.
    The game does capture the magic of the movies and Chricton would be proud of how you have brought his universe to life.
    I love the way the story tied into the plot of the film, with Nedry and the shaving can.
    Is it wrong to laugh at the death scenes? Sometimes I just failed a button prompt on purpose to see what happens. Ofc I ended up with getting silver or bronze for the scenario, but it was worth it :D

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

@Masta23 said: Is it wrong to laugh at the death scenes? Sometimes I just failed a button prompt on purpose to see what happens. Ofc I ended up with getting silver or bronze for the scenario, but it was worth it :D

Don't worry-- we laughed a lot, too. It's ok... the characters are just jumbles of polygons. :D

Somebody should create a youtube collection of all the death sequences.

• @Sinaz20 said: Don't worry-- we laughed a lot, too. It's ok... the characters are just jumbles of polygons. :D

Somebody should create a youtube collection of all the death sequences.

Somebody should make a rap out of the death screams. Now THAT would be funny :p

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

@Masta23 said: Somebody should make a rap out of the death screams. Now THAT would be funny :p

All the death screams are individual sound files... it could be done.

Add Comment