User Avatar Image

JP for Mac game fails to launch, and other Mac Issues

posted by fallenwithsnow on - last edited - Viewed by 425 users

I can't figure out why it won't launch

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just downloaded the game on steam. When I try to run it the screen goes black like it's heading ingame. Then it just flashes back to the desktop and I get a nice long stack traced error report.

Never even made it to the game's splash screen.

I have a recent macbook pro running osx lion. Anyone else having this problem?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Hey, merging this with the other Mac support thread. Since I'm not on Lion, I can't replicate the issue, but I know someone will try ASAP.

• Hey I was having this same issue in 10.7.2
    I got it working. Here is the thread I started because I didn't see this one.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27460

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Nice. Thanks for the find! As a fellow Mac user, this is always appreciated.

• Def, Anytime. I will edit it and clean it up a little. Curious to see if it works for anyone else.

Now if I could get my save to load...

• Hello Fellow Mac Users!

I haven't experienced any of the issues above, but have noticed this:

I've found that accessing the main menu (pressing Esc or space bar) during cutscenes can cause the game to crash when attempting to return. I've reproduced this again and again, but it only seems to occur during cutscenes. I've since noticed that the game auto saves anyway, so there's no reason to return to the main menu other than to pause. Otherwise it runs great on the highest setting. I'm using a 2011 27" iMac running Snow Leopard. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Some times when the characters are talking, there's echo!

• @Rusty_Shackleford said: Hello Fellow Mac Users!

I haven't experienced any of the issues above, but have noticed this:

I've found that accessing the main menu (pressing Esc or space bar) during cutscenes can cause the game to crash when attempting to return. I've reproduced this again and again, but it only seems to occur during cutscenes. I've since noticed that the game auto saves anyway, so there's no reason to return to the main menu other than to pause. Otherwise it runs great on the highest setting. I'm using a 2011 27" iMac running Snow Leopard. Has anyone else had this problem?

This happens to me almost every time I hit pause and try to resume the game. The thing that really annoys me is I have to SHUT DOWN the whole iMac. There's just no response after it gets stuck in that grey fossil pause screen. Please fix this.

• EXACTLY the same for me, pressing the power button is the only way to get out of it. Glad to hear someone else is having this problem! :)

• Hi everyone, I'm using 10.7.2 Lion and have downloaded the game a couple of times but when I try to open the dmg it claims that the "disk image couldn't be opened" "JurassicPark100_setup not recognized".

Disk Utility does not help to mount it, and the image could not be converted. Quite annoyed because I have a monthly download cap so this is costing me far more than it should. Can anyone help?

Add Comment