User Avatar Image

[JP] Need help

posted by Mike55 on - last edited - Viewed by 362 users

Ok afetr I installed the game I got a popup which said "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the game from the directory it was installed to." after clicking Ok it said "Unfortunaly this error can not be recovered." is there away to fix this?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So anyone ese who can help me? If i doesn't wrok i'm just going to get a refund. :/

  • Hi,

    I asked you to walk me through exactly what you were doing with the zip file, and didn't get a response. Your post directly after mine didn't seem to be in reply to me, and if it was, I'm not following what your issue is. I need you to tell me exactly, step by step, what you're doing with that file. The only reason you would get that error is if you're not extracting the contents of the zip prior to installation.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  • @Michael Parks said: Hi,

    I asked you to walk me through exactly what you were doing with the zip file, and didn't get a response. Your post directly after mine didn't seem to be in reply to me, and if it was, I'm not following what your issue is. I need you to tell me exactly, step by step, what you're doing with that file. The only reason you would get that error is if you're not extracting the contents of the zip prior to installation.

    Thanks,
    Mike



    Ok I brought the files to WinRAR to extract for me I highlited them and then told WinRAR to extract them to the specified folder. I repeate the proceses for the other three. After that I clicked on them in the setup folder. They had isses installing with error messages popping up.

  • The other three what? There's only one zip file.

    You need to extract the full contents of the zip file that you downloaded from us. The name of that file is JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. Once the files are extracted to the folder of your choice, you will need to run the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe file to install the game. You should not be trying to install from any other files.

  • @Michael Parks said: The other three what? There's only one zip file.

    You need to extract the full contents of the zip file that you downloaded from us. The name of that file is JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. Once the files are extracted to the folder of your choice, you will need to run the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe file to install the game. You should not be trying to install from any other files.



    I did exactly what you said and I still got the message.

  • What message and at what point in the installation?

  • @Michael Parks said: What message and at what point in the installation?



    The message I said I was getting at the beggining of the Thread. This is happening when i'm trying to play the game. The instillation is succesful but it won't let me play the game.

  • That error indicates it wasn't installed correctly. The only reason you would get that error is if you ran the installer without extracting the files first.

    I'm going to give you step by step instructions on this, and I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. I know you're frustrated, and I want to get you past this.

    1: Uninstall your current broken installation of the game. You can do this by clicking the Start menu, and then clicking Control Panel. From the Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, find Jurassic Park on the list, and uninstall it.

    2: If you haven't already installed WinRAR as I instructed you to do earlier in the thread, do it now.

    3: Right-click the JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. This is the file you downloaded from the Your Games section of this site. Click Extract Here. This will automatically extract the files to wherever you downloaded the zip file.

    4: The extraction may take a minute or two to complete. Once it has, double click JurassicPark100_Setup.exe and install the game. This file's icon will be a Jurassic Park logo.

    5: Once the installation is complete, you should have a Jurassic Park The Game icon on your desktop. You need to double click this to run the game. Don't touch any of the files used for installation at this point, unless it's to delete them.

    Please follow these instructions exactly and let me know if you're having any further issues.

  • @Michael Parks said: That error indicates it wasn't installed correctly. The only reason you would get that error is if you ran the installer without extracting the files first.

    I'm going to give you step by step instructions on this, and I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. I know you're frustrated, and I want to get you past this.

    1: Uninstall your current broken installation of the game. You can do this by clicking the Start menu, and then clicking Control Panel. From the Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, find Jurassic Park on the list, and uninstall it.

    2: If you haven't already installed WinRAR as I instructed you to do earlier in the thread, do it now.

    3: Right-click the JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. This is the file you downloaded from the Your Games section of this site. Click Extract Here. This will automatically extract the files to wherever you downloaded the zip file.

    4: The extraction may take a minute or two to complete. Once it has, double click JurassicPark100_Setup.exe and install the game. This file's icon will be a Jurassic Park logo.

    5: Once the installation is complete, you should have a Jurassic Park The Game icon on your desktop. You need to double click this to run the game. Don't touch any of the files used for installation at this point, unless it's to delete them.

    Please follow these instructions exactly and let me know if you're having any further issues.



    I did exactly what you said and got the same message. Could I just get money back.

  • PM me your order number, please.

Add Comment