User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 44.2K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If its a prequal then will we see "The Other!".

• If they were going for a total reboot, I wouldn't be surprised if they went for a completely new threat. The daleks/master/cybermen/slitheen have too much history. Much like the original star trek film avoided the use of klingons.

• They should just have a movie about the Valeyard. I'd totally go watch that film.

• A lot of the points Darth Marsden raised are very likely ones about the problems with a prequel, lets be honest. Oh, and as for the 'love interest' issue, I actually wouldn't have a problem with that, if it was done right, like the wonderfully subtle (and hilarious) relationship between the 1st Doctor and Cameca in the Aztecs. Which a hollywood film won't do.

Worst of all, it'd ruin too much mystery of the character. There's a reason it's called Doctor Who, after all. The revelations should be teased, made to essentially piss us off, such as the ending to series 6 and, I expect, the 50th anniversary story but never truly given to us. Which a film won't be likely to do.

The only thing that could make me excited for a film is Doctor Who - The Time War Chronicles, starring Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor, with a teaser trailer pissing us off by revealing absolutely nothing except images Time Lords, Daleks, lots of Daleks, loads of explosions, all to the sound of the 'dalek heartbeat' noise. Now I'd be amazed by a trailer like that!

• If the film goes ahead, I reckon it would probably be about the moral dilemma's of time travel. A similar theme to "The fires of Pompeii", for example. It's been done to death, yes, but it lays down some important groundwork which is needed if it is indeed a reboot.

• No. We should never see the Time War, nor Paul McGann's regeneration. Because we've never been meant to see the former, and the latter has lost it's chance to occur now.

In other news;
    dr.whomagad(2).jpg

• That wallpaper is the most awesome thing ever. If I ever need to redecorate my room, I WILL have a TARDIS.

• @Darth Marsden said: That wallpaper is the most awesome thing ever. If I ever need to redecorate my room, I WILL have a TARDIS.

I saw someone on Twitter suggest somehow doing it to a child's room on Christmas Eve whilst they're asleep. Wake up in the TARDIS. Works best if they could get Tom Baker to be there at a fake control panel.

Edit; Whaaaaay, first still from Christmas Special!
    tumblr_lus4nuafMK1r4v19ao1_500.jpg

• Anyone remember that Doctor who MMO that was supposed to be coming out? Sega's bought the developer.
    Also: The Evil 11th doctor, aka the valeyard.

cin_2011_wal_01a.jpg

• Screencap from CiN;
    tumblr_lutlya7xCF1qg62bgo1_500.jpg

It's not going to be like an actual special thing, it'll just be the Doctor auctioning off his clothes... :(

Add Comment