User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @der_ketzer said: 4.99$ for the GOTY, 6.24 for GOTY Deluxe. It was the midweek madness for several days.

    ...Goddammit.

    *edit*
    There's still an hour and 45 minutes on it! Yay! Now which version to get I wonder...

  • [quote=friar;560502]...goddammit.

    *edit*
    there's still an hour and 45 minutes on it! Yay! Now which version to get i wonder...[/quote]

    Deluxe. You Cannot get the DLC for this game legally anywhere else anymore. And you cannot upgrade to Deluxe once you have the GOTY.
    BUt if you want to play it in any other language than English (French, German, Italian, Spanish) you will have to get the normal GOTY since the GOTY Deluxe is only available in English.

  • @corruptbiggins said: Also it seems that renovating shops also increases the Templar awareness prompting a fair few trips to bribe heralds so far.

    Yeah, it does, and that pretty much blows.

    What I'm doing about money is what I usually do which is get enough to buy a treasure map, go get all treasure, use money to repair shops and whatnot and rinse and repeat until I'm earning enough through income to get me the cool stuff later on.

    I did that in II and Brotherhood. In this game, it's not working as well because I'm getting more bomb parts and less money, and even if I could sell off bomb parts, I'd really rather save them in case I need them. Also, it seems to me that banks are more scarce, and I don't seem to be getting paid as often as every 20 minutes.

    However, one positive about the game is that tunnel entrances don't need to be repaired.

  • Currently playing Skyward Sword.

    Skyrim, can do one. Zelda's where it's at.

  • @Secret Fawful said: Super Mario 3D Land

    This and Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

  • @Secret Fawful said: Super Mario 3D Land

    What do you all make of it? I'm really looking forward to it. :o

  • @GuruGuru214 said: I did that in II and Brotherhood. In this game, it's not working as well because I'm getting more bomb parts and less money, and even if I could sell off bomb parts, I'd really rather save them in case I need them. Also, it seems to me that banks are more scarce, and I don't seem to be getting paid as often as every 20 minutes.

    However, one positive about the game is that tunnel entrances don't need to be repaired.

    Actually I don't think I'm doing to bad for money now, though I wouldn't exactly say I was rolling in it I'm getting a steady income of around 4000 now and with doing treasure runs as well as a few side missions to pass the time I get a decent pot in the bank but I then blow most of it on newer weapons and shop repairs.

    Also, I can barely tear myself away from the game, always thinking "ooh, I'll just go find some treasure, got it now my assassins are back, better send them on another mission, now to spend the money, make a bank withdrawal, spend it, get more treasure..." and so on! I have to really force myself to turn off the console, especially as it's 1:30 am and I'm up in the morning.

  • @JedExodus said: What do you all make of it? I'm really looking forward to it. :o

    Well it doesn't start getting hard until World 4, but it takes too many precautions to make sure you can never lose or get too frustrated, which is bullshit. But the levels are a lot of fun and pretty memorable. They're really like playing Super Mario 64 but if each level only had one star in it, though. But that's only my impressions from the first four worlds. It's started to get a lot more difficult.

  • @corruptbiggins said: Actually I don't think I'm doing to bad for money now, though I wouldn't exactly say I was rolling in it I'm getting a steady income of around 4000 now and with doing treasure runs as well as a few side missions to pass the time I get a decent pot in the bank but I then blow most of it on newer weapons and shop repairs.

    Also, I can barely tear myself away from the game, always thinking "ooh, I'll just go find some treasure, got it now my assassins are back, better send them on another mission, now to spend the money, make a bank withdrawal, spend it, get more treasure..." and so on! I have to really force myself to turn off the console, especially as it's 1:30 am and I'm up in the morning.

    See, I'm not having that problem. I'm pretty early on in Sequence 3 and I've done the first Desmond memory (which was interesting), and I quit last night because I was bored. I miss my crossbow, my health is shit, I barely have any buildings renovated, and I don't have the money to do anything about it.

    Also, I sort of feel like Constantinople doesn't draw me in the way Rome did. Rome started to feel familiar very quickly, but I still barely know my way around Istanbul.

Add Comment