User Avatar Image

Pre-Ordering Jurassic Park

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Here is a quick rundown on the JP preorders:

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FREE GAME VOUCHER

CONSOLE: You can preorder online or in stores for a console copy for the Xbox, or wait until release day (Nov. 15th) to grab it off PSN for PS3 users. Xbox preorders through GameStop get a free dino pet.

PC/MAC: Preorder from Telltale's site. The deluxe edition is up now. You'll get ALL FOUR EPISODES automatically on November 15th to your My Games page and the hard copy with all the cool extras will be mailed out to you in December. The standard edition will be up for sale the day of (November 15th) and you'll be able to play immediately.

IF YOU HAVE A FREE GAME VOUCHER

CONSOLE: Voucher does NOT apply for console purchases. You can still preorder online or in stores for a console copy for the Xbox, or wait until release day (Nov. 15th) to grab it off PSN for PS3 users. Xbox preorders through GameStop get a free dino pet, but you will NOT get to apply your discount! You can use the voucher ONLY on PC/Mac purchases!

PC/MAC: Preorder from Telltale's site. The deluxe edition is up now. You'll get ALL FOUR EPISODES automatically on November 15th to your My Games page and the hard copy with all the cool extras will be mailed out to you in December. The standard edition will be up for sale the day of (November 15th) and you'll be able to play immediately. Your voucher will give you a 35$ discount, making the Deluxe edition 5$ plus shipping, which varies by region. Price of the standard edition TBD, but you'll still get 35$ off its price.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE MENTIONED THEIR COUPON IS ONLY GIVING A 9$ DISCOUNT. IF THT'S YOU, CONTACT TELLTALE SUPPORT, NOT ME. I'M JUST A MOD. THANKS.

Questions? Feel free to ask.

229 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @marcusporcu said: And now it says JurassicPark100.exe has stopped working -_- please help.

Right-click, properties, compatibility. If you're on Windows 7, set it to Vista SP2. If you're on Vista, set it to the previous service pack. If you're on XP, you need to upgrade [This is a personal recommendation].

@marcusporcu said: If I pre-order the deluxe edition will i be able to download the game today?

Yes.

• I Pre-Ordered from Gamestop, but didn't get the T-Rex pet :(

• User Avatar Image
    jplova BANNED

how/where did people get the $35 voucher for the deluxe edition?

• @jplova said: how/where did people get the $35 voucher for the deluxe edition?

Preorders originally opened up back at the beginning of this year, and then around April/May, the game got pushed back to nowish. Because of the delay, Telltale refunded everyone's preorders and gave them a voucher for a free season of any of their games. That's where said voucher came from.

• I pre-ordered the deluxe edition, but can't play the game yet.
    My current computer is... ehm... extinct:rolleyes:. And with the prices of hard disks going berserk due to the floods in Thailand, I'm putting a new system on hold until production is back up and running.

So it's going to be 2012 before I set foot on Isla Nublar.
    It's probably also going to be 2012 before I get my hands on my Deluxe Edition.
    Any idea when they start shipping these?

But for the time being I'll just amuse myself with the Island Tour on the site and with my downloadable extras, having the Sounds of Jurassic Park in the background.:)

I can't wait to play and discover the island... and in all probability getting myself killed while looking around. But I've already seen a gameplay movie which shows some cool deaths. So I won't mind as long if I'll pass after a few attempts.
    Patience is a virtue.

To end, just a question out of curiosity.
    Is the Deluxe Edition only available on the Telltale games shop or is it coming to domestic and/or foreign stores too?

• We don't currently have any plans for a retail release of the Deluxe Edition. Sorry.

• @Michael Parks said: We don't currently have any plans for a retail release of the Deluxe Edition. Sorry.

You don't have to be sorry, I was just wondering.
    I ordered already, so I'll have mine.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@CaMa85 said: Any idea when they start shipping these?

The Jurassic Park Deluxe Park has an estimated ship date of December 15, according to the item page in the Telltale Store.

Add Comment