158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So? I don't see the big deal. The game is a perfect 10

• Seriously? Come on, Telltale employees. You're better than this. Stuff like this has happened before with other games and studios and always ends badly. It causes people to view things extra critically and casts the game in a negative light. What a poor showing.

• So your not allowed to rate your own work?

Freedom of speech. If anyone, they have the right to voice their own opinion of the game more so than anyone. It's THEIR work. They have a right to be proud of it.

And who wouldn't support their games?

• They might have been TellTale employees that didn't work on the game and just played it.

And I f***in love that they immediately think something is fishy because they used complete sentences and good grammar. Ridiculous.

Also, Gamespot sucks. They have no idea what they're doing.

• Uhh...I don't think the game could be anything but 10 / 10 anyway...

• @beavermatic said: So your not allowed to rate your own work?

Free country. If anyone, they have the right to voice their own opinion of the game more so than anyone. It's THEIR work.

It´s like George Lucas (in a Roger Ebert disguise) reviewing phantom menace I think thats the correct way of describing it.
    And metacritic is a site that many view as important to the industry.

Sorry Telltale but after playing through JP my feelings is that I liked it (for nostalgic reasons) but a 10/10 game it is not.

• I still don't see why it's a big deal. So what they gave it a ten out of ten. In the end a review is nothing but an opinon that is being share with others. Take Greg Miller from ign for example, he gave the a game a 5.5. Is he right? The truth is, there's no way to tell. Because it's just an opinion.

I think the game is an 8.5.

Someone might say it's a 7 or a 4. It's all just opinion based. So why does it matter since everyone can form their own.... oh wait.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: I still don't see why it's a big deal. So what they gave it a ten out of ten. In the end a review is nothing but an opinon that is being share with others. Take Greg Miller from ign for example, he gave the a game a 5.5. Is he right? The truth is, there's no way to tell. Because it's just an opinion.

I think the game is an 8.5.

Someone might say it's a 7 or a 4. It's all just opinion based. So why does it matter since everyone can form their own.... oh wait.

Everybody has a right to an opinion including telltale employees,but that fact that they did not reveal that they were employees. They reviewed the game before anyone else gave it a 10/10 and on metacritic no less.

Bioware did that on Dragon Age 2 and the shitstorm that followed was huge

• @WARP10CK said: It´s like George Lucas (in a Roger Ebert disguise) reviewing phantom menace I think thats the correct way of describing it.
    And metacritic is a site that many view as important to the industry.

Sorry Telltale but after playing through JP my feelings is that I liked it (for nostalgic reasons) but a 10/10 game it is not.

I agree reviewing your own game is a dick move.

• @WARP10CK said: Everybody has a right to an opinion including telltale employees,but that fact that they did not reveal that they were employees. They reviewed the game before anyone else is a little suspect and on metacritic no less.

The thing is I don't think them being TellTale employees is relevant. Having them putting a 10 out of 10 under a user review is no diffrent then the fan boys/girls who give their favorite series a 10 out of 10. In the end, it's just going to get lost in the masses anyway.

Add Comment