User Avatar Image

The Original 15 Nublar Embryos

posted by Cyberscribe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

When Nedry stole all 15 embryos which dinosaurs were they? I'm curious, When did the park brochure that included dinosaurs such as Baryonyx, Segisaurus, and Herrerasaurus appear on screen in the original movie? Because if it wasn't shown at all then wouldn't that bring into question the original 15 embryos? Help me out people what were they? And provide evidence if you can.

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @mannyguy1 said: THERE WAS NO BRACHIOSAUR CAMEO!!!! the fact the its beautiful sounds were heard when nima and harding were talking does not a cameo make! Or did I miss something?

No that was the "cameo"... sorry if i led people on I just kinda at least wanted it to have an honorable mention.

• @Sinaz20 said: I wouldn't consider Mosasaur a Park 15.

Mosey is unique and somewhat accidental.

I'd consider that Mosasaur is cataloged as a gene sequence, but they don't have a stock of embryos yet. They've got to examine the viability of the species on the park. (well, of course, we know how that turns out :P )

By gene sequence do you mean that Sorkin used the pure dna of the mosasaur without enhancing it with amphibian dna?

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

@Cyberscribe said: By gene sequence do you mean that Sorkin used the pure dna of the mosasaur without enhancing it with amphibian dna?

Not quite.

The idea is that the Jurassic Park biotechnicians extract blood from the mosquitoes. They isolate every unique set of genes they encounter and catalog them. The catalog them mostly so they can match up other samples of similr DNA to build a more complete genetic structure for any given genome. Sorkin would rather wait until a complete genome is collected and pieced together before cloning, but Henry Wu has ideas about how to speed that up.

When they find gene sequences that seem to be mostly intact, they repair them as much as they can (with amphibian DNA) and clone it into a prototype embryo.

They observe what hatches and classify it. Most of these prototype embryos end up stillborn or malformed-- indicating non-viable genomes. Whatever survives is evaluated for their appropriateness to the park. The official embryos are not cloned en masse and kept in cold storage unless the board of directors agrees to move forward with the species.

So, InGen may have a great number of genomes cataloged that have no existing cloned embryos yet. Mosasaur is one of them, as the only existing embryo is now a matured creature. They want to see how the first cloned one turns out before committing on approving it as a possible 16th official Jurassic Park dinosaur. (or... marine lizard.)

• That makes a lot of sense. Not only that but the whole expansion related to the park management you guys added into the game. *Thumbs up!*

• @Dr.Dino said: That makes a lot of sense. Not only that but the whole expansion related to the park management you guys added into the game. *Thumbs up!*

Agreed, but unlike Dr. Sorkin, I'm not so quick to lay all the blame at Hammond's feet. Yes Hammond isn't a scientist, but the movie's version of Hammond isn't a ruthless out-for-money business man. Unfortunately, even the Founder/CEO of InGen must answer to the board of directors, and the board of directors wants money and quick results. Thus we got Wu's approach to genetic sequencing. However, with Sorkin, the park would have failed anyways since she decided to hide the Troodons, which got free without her knowing. Imagine the chaos that would have ensued if the park had opened.

• The worrying thing about Sorkin & Trodoon is:
    She specifically says:
    I thought they were getting out of their pen (implied to be pre-power outage)

It's like really you mentalist? A dino deemed MORE dangerous than the rex and raptors that you saved from being killed off you THINK might be escaping (while the power was ON) and you don't do a thing about it or mention it??????

• Again, Sorkin didn't want the place to be a park. She wanted it to be a biological preserve. Too bad she didn't live to see Hammond rectify that with Site B.

• @mannyguy1 said: THERE WAS NO BRACHIOSAUR CAMEO!!!! the fact the its beautiful sounds were heard when nima and harding were talking does not a cameo make! Or did I miss something?

It was a cameo...

• 15 dinosaurs are, in my thoughts...

1. Proceratosaurus (Actually Ceratosaurus)
    2. Gallimimus
    3. Tyrannosaurus
    4. Velociraptor
    5. Stegosaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    11. Baryonyx (Actually Spinosaurus)
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    14. Compsognathus (Free-Roaming)
    15. Pteranodon (In Aivary)
    Pachycephalosaurus was too aggresive to put in the park.
    Corythosaurus was meant to be integrated with Parasaurolophus.
    Mamenchisaurus was mean to be integrated with Brachiosaurus.
    The aggressive Pteranodons were locked away in the Sorna Aivary.
    Mosaurus was an unexpected success in DNA extraction.
    Troodon was unknown to staff at the time.

• @lordvader900 said: 15 dinosaurs are, in my thoughts...

1. Proceratosaurus (Actually Ceratosaurus)
    2. Gallimimus
    3. Tyrannosaurus
    4. Velociraptor
    5. Stegosaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    11. Baryonyx (Actually Spinosaurus)
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    14. Compsognathus (Free-Roaming)
    15. Pteranodon (In Aivary)
    Pachycephalosaurus was too aggresive to put in the park.
    Corythosaurus was meant to be integrated with Parasaurolophus.
    Mamenchisaurus was mean to be integrated with Brachiosaurus.
    The aggressive Pteranodons were locked away in the Sorna Aivary.
    Mosaurus was an unexpected success in DNA extraction.
    Troodon was unknown to staff at the time.

Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if Proceratosaurus and Baryonyx were actually Ceratosaurus and Spinosaurus. But while Barynoyx and Spinosaurus were related, Proceratosaurus and Ceratosaurus were not. Baryonyx could also be a mislabled suchomimus. And I guess Ankylosaurus would be aggressive as well. Very interesting explanations. Also, and I'm sorry I'm just anal about stuff like this, It's a Tylosaurus not a Mosasaurus.

Add Comment