User Avatar Image

IGN's Review

posted by KingHorror on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

First Let Me say Telltale, You are Awesome, Being a huge Jurassic Park Fan You guys Really took me back into the Movies and I really am enjoying it so far. (almost done with Ep.2, no issues so far ether) I tell what I really think of it once I find time to finish.:)

IGN on The other hand...Not so much apparently

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212843p1.html

P.S. It does seem like looking back at the previews that Greg(whom I normally like and agree with) Didn't like the game's direction to begin with which is a shame. Anyway Hat's off to Telltale you did a Good Job.

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • im sorry for saying this. actually no im not! IGN can blow it out there Assholes

• 9.0 out of ten and "the best" CoD yet, even though most people played the same game back in 2007. Yet they insult something like Heavy Rain which they give a good review to. My favorite moment was when a Croteam dev, the guys who make Serious Sam, basically spat in their faces and laughed at them for being casual wimps.

• I knew IGN would do this - they only give good reviews to the hyped-up games. CoD MW3 got like a 9 or something, but yet (as EvilDeadFan said) it's the same as the other CoDs. And finally we get a game (Jurassic Park) that isn't about running around with a gun and tapping shoot, meleeing, shooting again, winning a two minute match with no strategy and doing it again, and they give a crap review. Figures.

I posted a review under the review thread - here's what someone who can get over a few bad graphics and excessively major hype thinks.

• I've been trying to get my review on ign but it won't even let me get to the user review page. I'm giving this thing an 8.5 myself. Maybe ign doesn't want anyone giving it a score over 5? lol

• I don't agree with what IGN says about gameplay, though I can agree with their view on graphics and animations being clunky.
    The gameplay I actually like, point and click with a single-icon pointer and 2-3 possible things to click on isn't much better.

• Right, and like I said on my review, the graphics are the one weakpoint. But in my opinion, the graphics aren't what make the game. Anyone played Morrowind? The graphics were outdated but it got Game of the Year.

• Lol at you all.

If they had given the game a good review, you'd be singing IGN's praises, and you know it.

Also they gave the BTTF episodes good reviews, so they aren't biased against Telltale.

The fact is, everyone REALLY wanted a free-roaming sandbox type of Jurassic Park game where you actually get to roam wherever you wanted in the park. That's my dream Jurassic Park game.

Now this game isn't bad, but it's more of an interactive movie than a real game.

• @sockableclaw said: Lol at you all.

If they had given the game a good review, you'd be singing IGN's praises, and you know it.

Also they gave the BTTF episodes good reviews, so they aren't biased against Telltale.

No, I'm always against IGN. They are always the opposite of how I feel towards a game. And I don't think they are biased toward game companies, I feel it's toward genra (did I spell that right?) of game.

• @lordvader900 said: No, I'm always against IGN. They are always the opposite of how I feel towards a game. And I don't think they are biased toward game companies, I feel it's toward genra (did I spell that right?) of game.

So why did they give the BTTF episodes good reviews then?

• @sockableclaw said:

No, I just would have agreed with them. But I won't praise them because they like something that I do. They can review it anyway they want. It's just that Jurassic Park is not a 5.5. It's an 8. lol

Add Comment