User Avatar Image

IGN's Review

posted by KingHorror on - last edited - Viewed by 735 users

First Let Me say Telltale, You are Awesome, Being a huge Jurassic Park Fan You guys Really took me back into the Movies and I really am enjoying it so far. (almost done with Ep.2, no issues so far ether) I tell what I really think of it once I find time to finish.:)

IGN on The other hand...Not so much apparently

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212843p1.html

P.S. It does seem like looking back at the previews that Greg(whom I normally like and agree with) Didn't like the game's direction to begin with which is a shame. Anyway Hat's off to Telltale you did a Good Job.

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @waroftheworlds01 said: Why do you think The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 3 got worse reviews then the original? THe answer is story. The story is very important when it comes to Jurassic Park. The dinosaurs are important too, but how they fit into the story is what makes them worth watching.

The original movie, as great as it is, has always been knocked for its weak plot.

• @sockableclaw said: The original movie, as great as it is, has always been knocked for its weak plot.

not really no.... I have never heard anyone knock the plot of the first movie...

• @Irishmile said: not really no.... I have never heard anyone knock the plot of the first movie...

Legitimate bond.

• @sockableclaw said: The original movie, as great as it is, has always been knocked for its weak plot.

Don't confuse plot with story. Plot is what happens. Story is how it happens. The plot of the original film was "Dinosaurs are loose on an island, humans have to survive it." You're right, that's a pretty weak plot. But the story is where the film (and book) excelled.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Don't confuse plot with story. Plot is what happens. Story is how it happens. The plot of the original film was "Dinosaurs are loose on an island, humans have to survive it." You're right, that's a pretty weak plot. But the story is where the film excelled.

Again, legitimate bond.

• @sockableclaw said: Again, legitimate bond.

Oh, you mean...

bond-article-e28094-sean-connery.jpg

Well at least we can all agree on that. ;)

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Oh, you mean...

bond-article-e28094-sean-connery.jpg

Well at least we can all agree on that. ;)

Hell yes. He was the best Bond!

• One thing guys. A lot of you are bashing IGN as a whole for this review. Remember, that score is based on ONE PERSON'S experience with the game.

• Did any of you guys actually READ the review? This reviewer points out some very real and valid problems with the game, both from a fundamental design standpoint, and a storytelling standpoint. Take off the rose-colored glasses, please.

• "Besides the times when I didn't notice I had switched perspectives and was now controlling someone else in the room, I didn't like not knowing these characters on a deeper level. Telltale games -- and adventure games in general -- are about getting wrapped up in a story and making choices as that person. Jumping between characters means motivations get cloudy and no one is fleshed out beyond a standard stereotype. There's a bad girl, a badass mercenary, a wise-cracking soldier and so on. In the end, I didn't care who I was in control of because it didn't matter. The plot was going to move in the same direction regardless of who uttered what. "
    I don't understand this criticism, most of the people who played this game enjoyed the story, you DID get to know more about the characters through those interactions, and what may have started as stereotype characters from the start quickly moved to something outside of the form and not a straight copy of some archetype.

Although I would have wished that the dialogue was more interactive in that it could minutely change the story based on your actions, it was a good first attempt. Telltale should look towards the criticism and move forward in that regard.

Add Comment