158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I agree that they should have stated that they worked on the game when reviewing it, but gamespot is just overreacting. A few people who worked on the game reviewed it giving it perfect scores. Players reviewing games are just opinions, sure its from someone who worked on making the game so their opinion is probably biased but is it any different than someone who hates adventure games and gets on there to rant on how much it sucks giving it a 1?

Its not as if telltale created hundreds of accounts and spammed the site with hundreds of perfect reviews. That would be cause for getting this upset over it.

• Game reviews as a whole are just one big corrupt commercial. Developers will pay sites to write good reviews, withhold bad reviews until the game comes out so it won't have as a big an impact on sales, and yes, sometimes even write the reviews themselves. Hell, the reviewers can play dirty without being told to. Giving a bad review to a big hyped-up game is guaranteed web traffic. Hell, I'm amazed that Gamespot, the site that fired a reviewer for giving a bad review to the game that was plastering the site with ads at the time, is calling Telltale out on this.

I'm not saying it's OK for Telltale employees to write fake reviews, I'm just trying to give a little perspective. Besides, it seems like these were just regular (and fairly new) employees. If it was someone higher-up the complaints would be better warranted.

Also, good grammar means the review must be fake? Really?

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Game reviews as a whole are just one big corrupt commercial. Developers will pay sites to write good reviews, withhold bad reviews until the game comes out so it won't have as a big an impact on sales, and yes, sometimes even write the reviews themselves. Hell, the reviewers can play dirty without being told to. Giving a bad review to a big hyped-up game is guaranteed web traffic. Hell, I'm amazed that Gamespot, the site that fired a reviewer for giving a bad review to the game that was plastering the site with ads at the time, is calling Telltale out on this.

I'm not saying it's OK for Telltale employees to write fake reviews, I'm just trying to give a little perspective. Besides, it seems like these were just regular (and fairly new) employees. If it was someone higher-up the complaints would be better warranted.

Also, good grammar means the review must be fake? Really?

I see what you're saying, but using an example you can relate to. Wouldn't you feel like a dick if you wrote a review for your own book without saying you wrote it, even if you were fairly new to it?

• Yeahhh..... I'm giving the game a 6, and that's pretty generous.

WAYYYY too much focus on frustrating QTE's in this game. While I was playing I found myself wishing I could just put the game on Autoplay and just watch the cinematics. There were just way too many "Try and predict which arrow button you'll need to press in this three-step quick time event sequence" moments. Inevitably I would end up dying three or four times until I could memorize the 2 or 3 individual QTE's required to pass before I can spawn again. I found myself swearing at this game so much these past two days.

I just can't agree with anyone who gives this game a 10. I paid $30 for this game and it just wasn't worth it.

• @supmandude85 said: I see what you're saying, but using an example you can relate to. Wouldn't you feel like a dick if you wrote a review for your own book without saying you wrote it, even if you were fairly new to it?

Not if it brought more attention to my writing. You don't know what being an unknown writer is like. ;)

But seriously, I wasn't trying to justify what happened. Ideally, developers would never meddle with reviews. I'm just saying that because it's so common it's not fair to single out Telltale specifically.

• i give the game a fair 7/10, if they added that i can move my guy around and made it a few extra hours longer (maybe add a extra 2 hours to each part of the game) im sure my score would def go to a 8.5/10, would i buy the game if they made another one? i sure would and if they make it like this one i think 40$ is a little high maybe drop it to 30$

• Bad spelling was the cause of suspicion... that's just sad on so many levels.:)

Anyhoo, I don't really care, I've already played the game and I liked it. After that, TellTale coud even bribe the Queen of England to give it a good review, it's their business.

Moreover, JP4 is coming!!! And let's hope that we'll get some new games as well.:D

• in nowadays internet language I would call this an

EPIC FAIL

• With all due respect, the people saying that they will never buy Telltale games because of employee reviews and "because Telltale wrecked that guy's Jeep" are complete idiots.
    I've only played the first 2 episodes but I'm actually enjoying the game for its story and its feel.

The people who posted that stuff on Gamespot and Metacritic are just losers living in their parents' basement taking every opportunity to jump on the bandwagon to dish out negative criticism.

Add Comment