User Avatar Image

Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

posted by SylvF on - last edited - Viewed by 11.3K users

Now that the last episode has been released, any chance the season 3 soundtrack will come out shortly? I love this song for this season's opener, and "Charlie Hotep" and all the various on those chants have been stuck in my head for weeks (This whole series has such great music. Bosco's theme hasn't left my ipod).

I also think it would be great if the soundtrack came out on itunes, because that would save me the agonizing wait time of several days for a shipped CD. But I'm not picky.

568 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It does seem unlikely that Telltale will start offering physical soundtracks to their games any more, we haven't seen one since Season 2. One of the pre-order bonuses for the Deluxe Edition of Jurassic Park: The Game is its digital soundtrack. When Telltale finally get around to Sam & Max: Season 4 they should offer digital soundtracks for the third and fourth season as a pre-order bonus or something. Just a thought.

• @Woodsyblue said: It does seem unlikely that Telltale will start offering physical soundtracks to their games any more, we haven't seen one since Season 2. One of the pre-order bonuses for the Deluxe Edition of Jurassic Park: The Game is its digital soundtrack. When Telltale finally get around to Sam & Max: Season 4 they should offer digital soundtracks for the third and fourth season as a pre-order bonus or something. Just a thought.

Sounds like they are testing digital soundtrack distribution methods before they commit to it.

But as a pre-order bonus? I don't know. The whole thing with Pre-order bonuses has me rather shaken up, especially when you have pre-order DLC models like what LA Noire and Arkham City are ultimately doing right now.

• @Zeek said: Sounds like they are testing digital soundtrack distribution methods before they commit to it.

But as a pre-order bonus? I don't know. The whole thing with Pre-order bonuses has me rather shaken up, especially when you have pre-order DLC models like what LA Noire and Arkham City are ultimately doing right now.

Oh I quite agree. It was more of a what if? than a request. Telltale could easily just offer it to anyone who buys the game. I guess what I was trying to say was that a digital soundtrack is vastly better than no soundtrack.

• @Woodsyblue said: I guess what I was trying to say was that a digital soundtrack is vastly better than no soundtrack.

Yup. At this point, I'd take a digital copy of Season 3's soundtrack. Sure a CD would be nice, since I love having physical copies of anything I absolutely love. But if digital is the only way, then so be it.

• @Zeek said: Sounds like they are testing digital soundtrack distribution methods before they commit to it.

I wouldn't quite say that, considering that the soundtracks for the Bone episodes and I think SBCG4AP were on the physical releases. I'd have to doublecheck, but I don't think a soundtrack was released for ToMI.

• Back to the Future and Jurassic Park and Tales of MI and even W&G didn't get soundtracks largely because we didn't own the music, as they're based on licensed themes owned by outside composers or studios.

• Understandable if sad, thanks for explaining Jake. You probably can't answer Jake but regarding the Walking Dead, Bear McCreary does do game music, will he be doing the game music or work with Jared on the music?

Regarding S&M S3, if you guys could do a digital release, please do it via Bandcamp where we can order it in the format we want it in (mp3, FLAC, ALAC, and so on). Mark Isham has done this with some of his soundtracks this year and it's been great to have control of what format we want to buy it in.

• *comes back after a month*

Still nothing? Oh well!

*goes away again*

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Zeek said: Sounds like they are testing digital soundtrack distribution methods before they commit to it.

Also, that would kill the fun. It's not only the additional beginnings, endings and transitions, but of course also about owning a Digipack that'd fit nicely with the other two soundtracks (which I'd urge TTG to make available again).

• @tarasis said: Understandable if sad, thanks for explaining Jake. You probably can't answer Jake but regarding the Walking Dead, Bear McCreary does do game music, will he be doing the game music or work with Jared on the music?

Regarding S&M S3, if you guys could do a digital release, please do it via Bandcamp where we can order it in the format we want it in (mp3, FLAC, ALAC, and so on). Mark Isham has done this with some of his soundtracks this year and it's been great to have control of what format we want to buy it in.

Jared's doing the Walking Dead music, as the game is coming from the comic not the show. I like a lot of the music in the show, though!

Re: Sam & Max soundtrack, if any forward momentum happens again I'll be sure to get people to look into things like Bandcamp, as it's a great service.

Add Comment