User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 43.7K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Doctor-Who.png

Click... click click clickclickCLICK!

...then tell me what you think! ^^

• So, in this month's DWM, it mentions that Series Seven will have Two (!) returning foes from the Classic Series, which will be 'seen in a new light from they were in the 60's and 70's'.

It's clearly The Rani Paul McGann The Vardans.

• @Ribs said: So, in this month's DWM, it mentions that Series Seven will have Two (!) returning foes from the Classic Series, which will be 'seen in a new light from they were in the 60's and 70's'.

It's clearly The Rani Paul McGann The Vardans.

Nah, Big Finish have just done the Vardans. Maybe the Quarks AND their killer wasps?

• @FitzoliverJ said: Nah, Big Finish have just done the Vardans. Maybe the Quarks AND their killer wasps?

Nah, Alpha Centauri.

tumblr_luf0bepXhv1qi3fiho1_500.jpg
    (It is a good thing I made that so everyone realizes I am not being serious)

• @Silverwolfpet said: Doctor-Who.png

Click... click click clickclickCLICK!

...then tell me what you think! ^^

Unfortunalely I'm using crappy headphones until my new pair arrive, so i couldn't hear what was said, but it looked awesome, and the fragments I did hear were good. Loved the music(what I could hear in between the headphones cutting out) Do you plan on letting us download the tracks at somepoint? I'm bored of the murray gold versions that I have been listening to on my iPod all year.

• Well, people asked us to insert Murray gold's versions along with our compositions. I can't offer you the dude's works just like that... but I can give you guys what we composed. However, don't expect many tracks. Our soundtrack will cover about 20% of the movie.

Murray Gold is really good and it wouldn't seem right to tackle his stuff... unless I REALLY need a certain cue or a fixed time-point to go along with the images. :)

• Yeah, the samples you've posted that you've done sound pretty cool. Not neccessarily better than his, but different. And given how many times I've listened to his work now (I listen as I walk to college, and have actually grown a little sick of some of them now), so different is GOOD. Looking forward to seeing the movie!

Wait... Did you get david yates in?!

• Well... that was... something. It certainly didn't have Paul McGann.

Also, that trailer. Was really good. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have a Christmas Special that isn't a pain to rewatch for once? Link to trailer.

• @Ribs said: Well... that was... something. It certainly didn't have Paul McGann.

Also, that trailer. Was really good. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have a Christmas Special that isn't a pain to rewatch for once? Link to trailer.

..I hit the red butten:p

• Look what arrived in the mail today!
    Snapshot_20111118.jpg

Add Comment