User Avatar Image

One thing i feel you should change

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 533 users

I love sam and max, the new games are brillaint and live up to there name.

One thing though... am i the only one whose noticed how much the get through a door puzzle has been overused in the series. I mean in some of them you have a couple of them.

This isn't really a big deal just something i keep noticing, I know it's a famous puzzle that works well but maybe it should be more spread out between episodes.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Emily said: At least the doors aren't blocked by slider puzzles. :p

Thank God for that!!

Or that horrible lock turning puzzle in Grim Fandango which still infurates me whenever I think about it :)

• Moai Better Blues had a ... cave puzzle. That was a nice change of pace.

Actually, Max's "I bet there are three of them!" in that episode was really fantastic.

• The doors are pretty understandable, but yeah the 3 puzzle can get a little tedious sometimes. I think though that it might be because we don't notice when puzzles happen in 1's or 2's but when it happens in 3 it's pretty obvious, so even though there's a ton of non 3 puzzles, we still think the 3 puzzles dominate the game.

That being said I do always notice them, and get sick of it sometimes regardless of what I said.

Superball and variating 3 puzzles make it great though.

• i think it is not drastic that there is the 3 puzzle formula and i think a slider puzzle would be nice to.
    a horrible puzzle was the secret room in grim fandange because the elevator depended on the cpu speed

• @Gresman said: a horrible puzzle was the secret room in grim fandango because the elevator depended on the cpu speed

Only because some moron scripted it without using the built-in engine function to make it cpu speed independent. The end credits were messed up, too.

Both were fixed in a patch.

It was late, and I was very tired.

• are you implying that you were that m...ehh, i mean, it was your doing?
    good thing i don't script games, it would happen to me all the time..and i like writing software for neurosurgical robots a lot better.

• @wisp said: are you implying that you were that m...ehh, i mean, it was your doing?
    good thing i don't script games, it would happen to me all the time..and i like writing software for neurosurgical robots a lot better.

You're a ROBOTOlogist?!?! :eek:
    Wow...
    He's a PRISMAtologist! Arrest him!!!

• @Chuck said: Only because some moron scripted it without using the built-in engine function to make it cpu speed independent. The end credits were messed up, too.

Both were fixed in a patch.

It was late, and I was very tired.

you had me stuck for months on that damn elevator puzzle! :mad:

• Just goes to show, you should always look for patches.

Add Comment