158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @SHODANFreeman said: Uh, older Telltale games required thought and actual interaction. I have no idea why you would consider this "game" to be anything like the old quality products they made back when they were still considered a game developer.

Sam and Max was an interactive movie, just like BTTF. All cause JP wants to be in a different direction doesn't mean it's an interactive movie. I'd rather have that then a sandbox like JP:OG, and I loved JP:OG. You can't sandbox Jurassic Park, GMOD is a sandbox, and Jurassic Park doesn't fit it.

• @Martin McFly said: How dare a video game review contain proper grammar and spelling! Black Magic! Witchcraft! Return to the depths of hell from which you came!

Having an investigation based on well-worded reviews is laughable and quite ignorant. It pains me to see that we now reside in a world where good grammar and spelling is treated with suspicion. So disappointing.

Furthermore, I completely agree that Telltale shouldn't have reviewed their own game but it certainly doesn't deserve this exaggerated response; users leaving 0/10 reviews to compensate for the extra positive reviews is childish and unnecessary.

There are many other websites that review games so Metacritic shouldn't be someone's sole option. While I can't speak for anyone else, I tend to look at the reviews from various sites to get a good idea of the game as opposed to putting all my faith in one.

Yes, Telltale made a mistake. Look at another website's review for Jurassic Park: The Game and move on.

I hate the internet more and more each day, proper spelling and grammar? Wow this guy must have made the game.

• @Faceslasher said: Sam and Max was an interactive movie, just like BTTF. All cause JP wants to be in a different direction doesn't mean it's an interactive movie.

Sam & Max absolutely was not an interactive movie.

JP:TG is literally just a badly animated movie that has absolutely no meaningful interaction. It's like if you were watching the movie on DVD, and every time it changed scenes it made you press a button at random on your DVD remote, otherwise it would replay the last scene. It's not even close to being a game.

Sam & Max contained actual puzzles, and required thought and logic. You could move around. You had an inventory filled with items to use to solve puzzles. There were in depth dialogue trees.

You didn't just aimlessly click on pointless crap until the next cutscene played. What games did you play? They certainly weren't the same ones I did.

• @Faceslasher said: Sam and Max was an interactive movie, just like BTTF. All cause JP wants to be in a different direction doesn't mean it's an interactive movie. I'd rather have that then a sandbox like JP:OG, and I loved JP:OG. You can't sandbox Jurassic Park, GMOD is a sandbox, and Jurassic Park doesn't fit it.

Sam and Max is NOT an interactive movie it's a point and click adventure game,there is a huge difference one requires some form of logic and in interactive movies you just press a button to get to the next scene.

• It's not hard to find out names of people who work in games companies.
    It's not hard to get a user account under someone else's name.
    That's why I'm not convinced.
    A couple of fake good *USER* reviews on metacritic? Not really that beneficial.
    Constructing a scandal involving a company? Far bigger result.
    Follow the money.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Sam & Max absolutely was not an interactive movie.

JP:TG is literally just a badly animated movie that has absolutely no meaningful interaction. It's like if you were watching the movie on DVD, and every time it changed scenes it made you press a button at random on your DVD remote, otherwise it would replay the last scene. It's not even close to being a game.

Sam & Max contained actual puzzles, and required thought and logic. You could move around. You had an inventory filled with items to use to solve puzzles. There were in depth dialogue trees.

You didn't just aimlessly click on pointless crap until the next cutscene played. What games did you play? They certainly weren't the same ones I did.

Oh okay Mr. Wiseass. My opinion about the game is that I loved the story. WHO GIVES FIVE FUCKS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY? I loved everything about the game, characters, story, and plot. What if Sam and Max WAS an interactive movie? If you think JP was "bad". Then you might aswell leave, Telltale is going to this direction.

• @Faceslasher said: WHO GIVES FIVE FUCKS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY?

Seeing how we're talking about a video game, everybody.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Seeing how we're talking about a video game, everybody.

Well I don't. I'd rather play Jurassic Park then an overhyped pile of shit FPS game like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

• Telltale just can't get a break with JP, can they?

• Feeding fake reviews to boost a games user rating is sadly par for the course in this industry. The problem here is that Telltale got caught. Does the fact that most companies are doing this excuse Telltale's behaviour? Absolutely not! But it's all about perspective. Telltale have gotten their punishment, and then some, in the form of this cloud of negativity surrounding their product and their company. In less than a week Telltale have seemly transformed from a cool indy company that resurrected fan-loved franchises to an evil powerhouse that no longer cares about the fans. Now, I don't think the they are either of these things but the tides of internet opinion are fickle. Telltale must be very careful about it's conduct in the near future if it wants any hope of retaining a good image.

On another note, Faceslasher, man, please stop double posting. The edit button is your friend, treat him well.

Add Comment