User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 82.2K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

374 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hi.

Contrary to my name, I don't really have much of an interest in boats besides a vague desire to try making a ship in a bottle some day.

I love most SciFi, I'm working through Babylon 5 right now for the first time and I love the first season so far (on episode 17) even though everyone I know who has watched it told me the first season was horrible. I love Star Wars, I have two of the 3D kites mounted on my ceiling (TIE fighter and Millennium Falcon) and a few costumes, two of which I constructed myself. I love video games, no specific genre just whatever looks good. I only play PC games and Sega Genesis games--I have a sick love of Streets of Rage, to the extent that I decided to be a character from the first game this Halloween, knowing that no one would know who the heck I was.

I like eating apples.

Bye.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Schooner said: Contrary to my name, I don't really have much of an interest in boats besides a vague desire to try making a ship in a bottle some day.

Tangential international factoid: this is what most Aussies think of when they hear the word "schooner".

20bCT.jpg

It's a standard pub measure for beer, like a pint.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! :)

• @puzzlebox said: Tangential international factoid: this is what most Aussies think of when they hear the word "schooner".

20bCT.jpg

It's a standard pub measure for beer, like a pint.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! :)

Haha, the-more-you-know.jpeg Thanks for the info and the welcome!

• @Schooner said: blah blah boring talk

I see you've already got the stuff-a-picture-in-any-post-you-can attitude down. Welcome to the party! :D

gbdinoinvite_rdax_65.jpg

• I'm DAISHI. Baddest man in the planet. I've got three degrees and have one more coming. I draw, sing, and am developing a game currently. I write and have done contract work for Blizzard Entertainment. I covered San Antonio Spurs for a few years as a reporter. I am a historical researcher and also work with investments. I am also currently parlaying my masters thesis into a book project. I exercise constantly, run half marathons fairly regularly, enjoy drinking and partying about three days a week, am a trivia night aficionado, and try to stay productive at all times. I've also participated in MMA for the better part of the last 5 years.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@DAISHI said: I'm DAISHI. Baddest man in the planet. I've got three degrees and have one more coming. I draw, sing, and am developing a game currently. I write and have done contract work for Blizzard Entertainment. I covered San Antonio Spurs for a few years as a reporter. I am a historical researcher and also work with investments. I am also currently parlaying my masters thesis into a book project. I exercise constantly, run half marathons fairly regularly, enjoy drinking and partying about three days a week, am a trivia night aficionado, and try to stay productive at all times. I've also participated in MMA for the better part of the last 5 years.

You remind me of someone.

• @puzzlebox said: You remind me of someone.

Thank you for the compliment. It's not the first time the comparison has been made ;)

• I never really introduced myself

I'm a screenwriter/film-maker, I own my own total media company although I'd really like to write scripts for telltale when I'm not making films. But I don't think there's an opening solely for screenwriter, so I may have to open up an interactive entertainment section of my business

I'm also an entertainment reviewer for squabblebox.co.uk, and was punished once by having to watch and review Spy-Kids 4-D not fun....

On weekends I'm a paranormal investigator.

I look like this currently as it's winter and I need the hair on my head: http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5898/pic2gs.jpg

and this is me with short hair for a friend's upcoming film in which I play the lead: http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4778/dscn2390d.jpg

I like the community here. It's nice and I can't wait to integrate and make friends :-)

• Oh gosh I'm not very good at these, but I thought I'd post one anyway. Hello!

I was introduced to Sam & Max by one of my best friends, so I bought all three seasons over the summer during a Steam sale. I loved seasons 1 and 2 but after playing The Devil's Playhouse I absolutely fell in love with the entire franchise, and have since bought the Freelance Police Animated Series DVD set, the Surfin' the Highway book, Jared Emerson-Johnson's amazing soundtracks and... Devil's Playhouse again, for the collector's DVD. Loved the commentary!
    I also have Poker Night at the Inventory on Steam. Once I get a new computer so that I'll have more space, I plan on playing Back to the Future and Puzzle Agent!
    Oh, and I've become a fan of the incredible Kid Beyond and his music too! I bought his EP today and am really excited for his full-length album!

I'm an art student for cartooning and animation, but I draw tons of fan art, so I'll probably end up posting some of that!

Hmm... that's all, I s'pose! Glad to be here among you lovely TellTale folks! :D

Add Comment