Menu
158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @corruptbiggins said: I for one was satisfied. And with a good story I'm very pleased with the whole package.

^^ Thank you!

I enjoyed the GAMEplay (See what I did there?)

Why do so many people just come here to argue saying 'yoo dewd fix teh jeep. Deeewd yuhr game needs 2 be better, k?'

Just enjoy the game!

• Then you have much lower standards than I. I don't enjoy this game because I don't deem it good enough for my attention. I'm allowed to hate it and I do. And being a fan of Telltale (somewhat) I'm allowed to say why. You're allowed to love it, that's fine. But saying that the gameplay means nothing is completely ludicrious.

And I said nothing about the freaking jeep. Don't paint me or generalize me as a moron. Listen to what we're saying. We hate it for a reason. It's not a stupid reason either anymore than you're reasons for loving it are stupid (if shocking).

• I never said you did.

Many people did though.

Well, I can't argue with you there, for I have my opinions as well.

Still, you shouldn't 'express' your opinions on the games forum though.

• @AndrewF said: Still, you shouldn't 'express' your opinions on the games forum though.

Last I checked, the forum is for discussing the game. Which includes stating why you did or did not like the game. The developers actually read these forums and listen to criticism (at least, I hope they still do). Where the hell do you think is a good place to express criticism?

Again, I haven't played this game and don't really have much interest in it from what I've seen. Still, to suggest that this forum exists just so people can praise Telltale is ridiculous.

• Fine, maybe I should rephrase that. People here and saying whether they like it or not. All they're doing is 'Lemme come to this forum to make fun of their game, then leave again'.

Some stuff I do agree with, but with the amount of ridiculous accusations being spread with the jeep, the 10 star ratings, the way people join this forum just to make one post saying 'Game sucks. Bye'.

That's what I mean.

• @AndrewF said: Fine, maybe I should rephrase that. People here and saying whether they like it or not. All they're doing is 'Lemme come to this forum to make fun of their game, then leave again'.

Some stuff I do agree with, but with the amount of ridiculous accusations being spread with the jeep, the 10 star ratings, the way people join this forum just to make one post saying 'Game sucks. Bye'.

That's what I mean.

I agree that people showing up just to bash Telltale is in bad taste, especially if it's about the Jeep/fake reviews (which, while both bad moves on Telltale's part, are irrelevant to the game's quality). But don't assume that just because a lot of people are hating the game without a reason doesn't mean everyone who hates the game is like that.

Look at some of the complainers' join dates. Me, Shodan, MusicallyInspired, Rather Dashing (where is he, by the way? With how he freaked out about BttF you think he'd be having a field day now)...we've been fans of Telltale long before they went semi-mainstream. (Admittedly, my join date's relatively recent, but I'd been playing their games before I joined.) We're familiar with how Telltale used to be, and we're able to notice that they've changed, and not for the better. If you check out Sam and Max/TOMI/SBCG4AP and compare them with BttF and Jurassic Park, you'll notice the former is clearly a different (and, if I may be so blunt, better) class of game than the latter.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: I agree that people showing up just to bash Telltale is in bad taste, especially if it's about the Jeep/fake reviews (which, while both bad moves on Telltale's part, are irrelevant to the game's quality). But don't assume that just because a lot of people are hating the game without a reason doesn't mean everyone who hates the game is like that.

Couldn't have said it better myself. There's a difference between mindless bashing and honest criticism. To assume that they're the same is to give the former far too much credit and to completely miss the point of the latter.

• Well I can understand that. What I was relating to is that about 2-3 days ago I saw a user who joined about November 14 and he had about 400 posts of just insults and complaints.

^^This is what I mean by coming here for no reason than just to make fun of a company.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@AndrewF said: Well I can understand that. What I was relating to is that about 2-3 days ago I saw a user who joined about November 14 and he had about 400 posts of just insults and complaints.

^^This is what I mean by coming here for no reason than just to make fun of a company.

Er.... would you mind giving me the name of that user? ;)

@AndrewF said:

Still, you shouldn't 'express' your opinions on the games forum though.

Every well-founded and non-aggressive opinion is welcome here as long as you abstain from insulting community members with differing opinions. If that means "hating" Jurassic Park the Game, it's sad, but absolutely permitted. TTG has to know about disappointed fans as well.

• I would like to chime in here and say this thread has gone on for 5 pages and this is a topic that has had some passionate arguments on both sides.

You all have been discussing it in a respectful manner, as a mod I would like to thank you all for not forcing me to ask you to be civil.. I am really proud of our little online community here and I love being a part of it.

The main thing other mods and myself care about is that you do not attack each other on a personal level.

Add Comment