User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 44K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Quick! Upload 'Night and the Doctor' to youtube, stat!

  • Sorry, no can do: too busy watching The Impossible Astronaut for the first time since watching the finale. And now that I know where everything leads to and how it all comes together, it actually makes a lot more sense.

    Pfft, as if! If anything, it's more confusing than ever! Seriously, do you know how many Rivers there are in this ep?!

  • What's the cover like? It looks sort of metallic foil-y in that photo (the print anyway. It's obviously cardboard).

    Also, is it true that The proms are nowhere to be found?

  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkpXRNwzU6M

    You might like to see this ^^

    oh and also this:
    http://silverwolfpet.com/2011/11/we-didnt-make-it/

    We've been busy ^^

    Should I make a separate thread for this?

  • I dunno if I'm gonna buy series 6 dvd. I liked series 5 much much more.

  • @Friar said: What's the cover like? It looks sort of metallic foil-y in that photo (the print anyway. It's obviously cardboard).

    Also, is it true that The proms are nowhere to be found?

    Right on both counts. Not sure why the Proms weren't included in this release. I'll let you guys know how good the "Night and the Doctor" scenes are.

    @Friar said: I dunno if I'm gonna buy series 6 dvd. I liked series 5 much much more.

    The opposite is true for me. I did enjoy series 5, especially the eps written by Moffat (bar the Beast Below, of course), but I really enjoyed the complex arc in series 6, as it didn't just reward attention but also brought the Doctor down a few pegs after the Lonely God image he's been given in recent years, and I thought some of the standalone eps were excellent as well, especially The Doctor's Wife, The Girl Who Waited and The God Complex.

  • @DoctorDodge said:
    The opposite is true for me. I did enjoy series 5, especially the eps written by Moffat (bar the Beast Below, of course), but I really enjoyed the complex arc in series 6, as it didn't just reward attention but also brought the Doctor down a few pegs after the Lonely God image he's been given in recent years, and I thought some of the standalone eps were excellent as well, especially The Doctor's Wife, The Girl Who Waited and The God Complex.



    I did like series 6 Its like with series 2 of Doctor Who I preferred the one before it.

  • Oh, I definitely prefer series 1 to series 2. Quite a few weak ones in series 2, like Love & Monsters and Fear Her, but very few eps that stood out.

    Actually, it's kinda funny how I think of series 6 less as series 6 and more as series 2, or rather a brand new series 2. I do like how Moffat really has given his series its own identity, without changing it too much that it doesn't seem like Doctor Who at all.

    Oh, and on a random, but still awesome note:

    http://bigfinish.com/Doctor-Who-The-Eighth-Doctor-Box-Set

    "In the aftermath of To The Death": got my attention already. Admittedly, I do think that continuing after the truly epic finale to season 4 of the Eighth Doctor Adventures is huge risk, as it just seemed to be the closest thing we can have to a really good glimpse at the man the Doctor became in the Time War and even why he would be ready to go to war, but still, I've got my fingers crossed it'll live up to the high standard that the Lucie Miller adventures set. Looking forward to seeing what Big Finish have got planned for the Eighth Doctor next, anyway.

  • @Silverwolfpet said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkpXRNwzU6M

    You might like to see this ^^

    oh and also this:
    http://silverwolfpet.com/2011/11/we-didnt-make-it/

    We've been busy ^^

    Should I make a separate thread for this?

    Well, if it makes you any happier, I laughed at the clip. Plus, you do look rather a lot like Davey T! Mihai looks pretty awesome too.

    As for the school: That's too bad it's like that. What about during School holidays and stuff? They must be happening soon.

    Also, if you start a seperate thread, you'll gain more publicity, I suppose. I'll just have to remember to read it every now and again (seriously, this is practically the only topic I read these days!)

    As for whether series 6 was better than 5, I would say no. As I really didn't like the ganger two parter. I don't think there was a single episode of series 5 I didn't like, with "Vincent and the Doctor" being my all-time favourite. And then "The doctors wife", which was in S6.

    I'm getting the boxset for christmas, as there isn't much else I need, and My mother would get very confused if I went through my list of serials I've seen/owned.

    The Lack of the proms is very annoying. Especially seeing as they said it was on there, and it was included in The vanilla Christmas carol set. Almost as annoying as the Doctor Who Live stageshow not being on there!

  • Well then. Seems Ian Levine is onto his next project;

    @knazzer - I need someone who knows their Dr Who intimately & good with Photo Shop, to reconstruct the missing Colin Baker stories privately

    See? Big Finish is good for some things! Now he doesn't need to re-record everything himself.

    Edit; I've been informed by someone involved loosely that he's producing recons for a few of the audios for his private collection. Neat idea.

Add Comment