User Avatar Image

Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

posted by SylvF on - last edited - Viewed by 13.4K users

Now that the last episode has been released, any chance the season 3 soundtrack will come out shortly? I love this song for this season's opener, and "Charlie Hotep" and all the various on those chants have been stuck in my head for weeks (This whole series has such great music. Bosco's theme hasn't left my ipod).

I also think it would be great if the soundtrack came out on itunes, because that would save me the agonizing wait time of several days for a shipped CD. But I'm not picky.

573 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just adore Jared's music for this series, so it's a real shame we haven't had an official release of the soundtrack yet. But in the mean time, at least we've got Teeth's awesome uploads! Thank you so much for those!

Since I wanted them on my iPod, and I thought some other folks might too, I took Teeth's audio tracks off of YouTube and compiled them together. Here it is to download, to save anyone else the trouble who wants to do the same thing!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8WVT4G0

If anyone has any trouble with MegaUpload, just say so and I'll try and host it somewhere else (though I've never had any problems with it). I tried Mediafire originally but it was too big (it's about 350 MB while MF only allows for 200), though I could split it into parts.

Oh, and if this isn't supposed to be posted or something, just say the word and I'll remove the link right away. But just in case it's alright, I figured I'd help out anyone else looking to put the soundtrack on their MP3 players.

• @Jake said: Back to the Future and Jurassic Park and Tales of MI and even W&G didn't get soundtracks largely because we didn't own the music, as they're based on licensed themes owned by outside composers or studios.

Wait, but Jurassic Park has a digital soundtrack. Does that mean getting the rights for digital soundtracks is easier or that it was something you could do because you got the rights to do it before the game was released?

• @Woodsyblue said: Wait, but Jurassic Park has a digital soundtrack. Does that mean getting the rights for digital soundtracks is easier or that it was something you could do because you got the rights to do it before the game was released?

The big question is what's on the soundtrack. If it is themes and motifs from the movie that were used in game OR if it is the original composed score from the actual game is the big question. Even something as small as the BTTF twinkle can make all the difference between getting the rights to sell the soundtrack or not.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Woodsyblue said: Wait, but Jurassic Park has a digital soundtrack. Does that mean getting the rights for digital soundtracks is easier or that it was something you could do because you got the rights to do it before the game was released?

The digital JP soundtrack (24 minutes) which is downloadable for Deluxe Edition pre-orderers does explicitly NOT contain John Williams' themes/motifs, just Jared's compositions in the same spirit. If anything, Universal imposes more restrictions on TTG than LucasArts did.

• @Tora Newton Y. said: Since I wanted them on my iPod, and I thought some other folks might too, I took Teeth's audio tracks off of YouTube and compiled them together. Here it is to download, to save anyone else the trouble who wants to do the same thing!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8WVT4G0

oh damn, dude, thank you so much!
    I resorted to using a sketchy website to download the audio from each video separately, and it was such a hassle for what ended up being only a few songs. I dunno how you did it, but you rule!

• @wellgolly said: oh damn, dude, thank you so much!
    I resorted to using a sketchy website to download the audio from each video separately, and it was such a hassle for what ended up being only a few songs. I dunno how you did it, but you rule!

You're welcome! :D Time and patience, mostly, haha. Enjoy!

• @Jake said: Jared's doing the Walking Dead music, as the game is coming from the comic not the show. I like a lot of the music in the show, though!

Re: Sam & Max soundtrack, if any forward momentum happens again I'll be sure to get people to look into things like Bandcamp, as it's a great service.

Thanks for the answer Jake, I wasn't aware the game was coming from the comic perspective. Cool, I look forward to hearing Jared's fresh take on that then :)

• This is getting complicated 0.0

• @alik44 said: This is getting complicated 0.0

What's complicated to you?

Basically, all Jake said was that don't expect soundtracks from JP, BTTF, TMI, Walking Dead, and maybe even King's Quest if they are still doing that. Why? Some of those compositions are copyright protected by the studios that own those properties. If they do make a soundtrack, it will be of all the ORIGINAL compositions for the games and will contain none of the scores sources from the licensed properties that were used in the game itself.

• *signs into TellTale after few weeks away*
    Any news...nope
    *leaves*

Add Comment