User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 16.5K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

432 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have finally finished the game and like most have said previously it's an impressive experience for all those who grown-up with Jurassic Park. The story was top-notch with a really well thought expansion to the movie universe. I was a bit disappointed by the screentime of Troodon cause I absolutely loved the creepy feeling they give to the atmosphere of the game. The roll-coaster and marine facility parts give something truly unique to the game, specially the last one. Definitely my favorite part of the game alongside the underground tunnels. And that finale was really something.

I'm definitely going to replay the game, this time with a controller and in a cinematic atmosphere.
    Congratulations, Telltale! ;)

• Now a major german website called gamestar has reviewed it. They gave a relatively good 72/100. His review is much more forgiving and while pointing out the obvious flaws, finally someone who appreciated the story, characters and atmosphere and understood that this game doesnt want to offer a challenge. I think IGNs or Gameinformers reviews may be a bit too negative.

Heres the link for everyone who speaks german

• The one and only review people should read if you grown-up with Jurassic Park.

• @beavermatic said: 35i8285.jpg

Omg this is hilarious.
    Any JP fan that went through trespasser launch knows the felling.

• I kinda enjoyed parts of the "game".

But it really is a dumbed version of Heavy Rain.

In Heavy Rain, you do can walk around, you CAN make choices during the action sequences, the dialogs, and the simple way to act around with items.

Death in Heavy Rain are not possible in the beginning of the game, but half way through. That allows for the story to keep going WITH a main character dying. Which is pretty incredible because it allows the death to actually matter, and to have an impact and consequence.

Worst, in JP, you can play as different characters but... not when you want to. Which means that you're forced, to play the character you hate over the one you like, resulting in the one you like actually dying ... That's frustrating to say the least.

I understand there needs to be a final "way" to handle the characters, but that felt forced and in the end there truly felt like there was no control whatsoever, weither it is on the story, dialogs, or action.

As for the story, while I agree there was pretty good moments...

In the end, all I can recall is are the clichés. I mean, Yoder's fate was probably the worst ever. I mean I couldn't believe how bad that was, especially after the smart way they handled him a little before that...

I loved Episode 2. I don't know why.

But the rest really felt like it tried to copy Heavy Rain, without having all the subtleties that actually made it a decent GAMING experience. Which was CONTRLOL and CHOICES. :/

Also, it doesn't quite follow graphically. But I don't mind. Even if they could make an effort on the animation.

I didn't like the ending, there was like... no conclusion ...

• What a waste of good money. You guys should be ashamed for putting out such a wortless piece of crap. Finish first scenrio in episode two and it takes me back to the beginning. Next time get the bugs out before you take our money. last game i'll ever by from this company.

• @rwlowe said: What a waste of good money. You guys should be ashamed for putting out such a wortless piece of crap. Finish first scenrio in episode two and it takes me back to the beginning. Next time get the bugs out before you take our money. last game i'll ever by from this company.

Chill out bro, never had a problem like that in my experience, maybe it's time for a new computer?

• this game is awesome, but this computer with highest graphics, it glitches, but gust regular high graphics runs fine and smoothly, awesome story, but disappointed with no brachs evolved or gallimimus, also you guys kind of messed up on the map, there should be stegosaurus and baryonyx. baryonyx is closer to north dock, right next too it actually hopefully i am right about that:)

• Hi is anyone still reading this thread?

Just finished the game. Here's mine:

- The story is excellent. If you like jp movies this will make you perfectly happy.

- Not sure about why people are complaining about graphics. They're good for what they're trying to do.. above average even. Being a PC gamer, they seem to be on par with a console game (ignoring the recent few big releases), so ok.

- Definitely an interactive movie, no problem with that.

- The more "difficult" interactive sequences feel very cheap. From reading around, it seems that there was some effort put into dinosaur deaths, and making you die is the only way to see those.. but its a really really cheap mechanic.. making a sequence near impossible the first time, so that you get to see a death plus play again to get the gold medal. REALLY CHEAP. There are better ways to build in replayability. What was worse was in some of these sequences, you have to keep failing them multiple times to learn what the key presses are. The first time was tense sure, but the 3rd time i felt was unnecessarily frustrating.

That was the only negative from the experience. I like to be responsbile for my own death, not get cheated into it... :)

.. Well, for something constructive.. perhaps the simiplified version that becomes available after a few fails happens on the -second- attempt?

Anyways, for the fans (of JP which i am). I hope a future patch (or next game :)) can address the timings on those few event sequences to not be so cheap!

Also thanks and credit for the excellent story!

Add Comment