User Avatar Image

your favorite characters poll

posted by SeanJP on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

well everyone who was your favorite character???

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My absolute favorite is Billy Yoder. Too bad things didn't work out for him, I was really rooting for that character in the end.
    Surprising that nobody has voted for Nima yet, she is a pretty good character.

• Nima is my third.

Sowwy nimmaa. ^-^

• @caeska said: My absolute favorite is Billy Yoder. Too bad things didn't work out for him, I was really rooting for that character in the end.
    Surprising that nobody has voted for Nima yet, she is a pretty good character.

I liked Nima too. I just liked Oscar a little bit better. I liked em all really. Gerry was likeable, though at times I wanted to slap him and say, "Parenting! You're doing it wrong!" Jess I liked at first, wanted to slap when she started to get snippy and rebellious, laughed when she threw the cigarettes in the raptors mouth, and nodded in agreement when she stated that if the goal of the trip was to scare her out of shoplifting, then it worked. I felt for Nima the entire time. She made it clear that, even if Hammond wasn't directly responsible, InGen screwed up her life, and her quest to help her daughter was one I was rooting for. Dr. Sorkin may have gone a little nuts at the end, but most of the time, I found myself in agreement with her. I believe that the dinosaurs have the right to exist. Sadly, InGen did not. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Ludlow was the one who authorized the bombing of the island. And Billy Yoder...likeable at first, felt terrible for him when Oscar was killed, worse when they found D-Caf with Troodon eggs in him(God that was disgusting), and then I wanted to punch him when he decided to drop an incendiary grenade on the Hardings and leave them to die.

Only character I didn't give two ****s about was Miles. He was annoying. Wasn't sad to see him go. Typical paper pusher.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I liked Nima too. I just liked Oscar a little bit better. I liked em all really. Gerry was likeable, though at times I wanted to slap him and say, "Parenting! You're doing it wrong!" Jess I liked at first, wanted to slap when she started to get snippy and rebellious, laughed when she threw the cigarettes in the raptors mouth, and nodded in agreement when she stated that if the goal of the trip was to scare her out of shoplifting, then it worked. I felt for Nima the entire time. She made it clear that, even if Hammond wasn't directly responsible, InGen screwed up her life, and her quest to help her daughter was one I was rooting for. Dr. Sorkin may have gone a little nuts at the end, but most of the time, I found myself in agreement with her. I believe that the dinosaurs have the right to exist. Sadly, InGen did not. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Ludlow was the one who authorized the bombing of the island. And Billy Yoder...likeable at first, felt terrible for him when Oscar was killed, worse when they found D-Caf with Troodon eggs in him(God that was disgusting), and then I wanted to punch him when he decided to drop an incendiary grenade on the Hardings and leave them to die.

Only character I didn't give two ****s about was Miles. He was annoying. Wasn't sad to see him go. Typical paper pusher.

^^ All of this.

• After Playing the game a second time through I would have to say my favorite character would be Jess. To me she was the most complex character, and I think she had the best character development out of the bunch. Oscar would be my second anybody who can take down a raptor with just a knife is a win in my book!! All the rest were great characters too but I could kind predict how they would would develop before the game ended. ^^

• So hard to pick just one. They were all such good characters. I would probably pick Oscar by a narrow margin. Anyone who can kill a raptor with a knife is hardcore in my books. And he had such a heroic death. A close second would be Jess. Usually kid characters end up being whiny, annoying and useless. Jess was so much more than that. She was complex and believable, equally craving her fathers approval and chaffing against it. And she wasnt some perfect little saint either. She had a number of flaws, like any normal rebellious teenager.

• I think I liked Billy the best, but Oscar was very close up there. I actually liked all the characters.

• @jurassiraptor said: This game is full of good characters, and good characterization and story arcs for those characters. I was rather impressed with the writing and how story-driven and character-driven the game is.

I have to say the Hardings are my favorite though. Gerry was a major character in the book, with a bit part in the movie. It was good to see the character finally get some long-ovedue action. The role of Jess was handled well: The Jurassic Park movies always have an element of experiencing the dinosaurs through the eyes of a child or teen, and this game was able to continue that tradition without it feeling forced and without the character being bratty or annoying.

I agree with you had a hard time voting for characters on this, so i didnt vote, everyone is amazing

• I picked Gerry Harding... I liked him more...

BTW Oscar is badass... and his name for the ones who are asking is Oscar Morales.

:)

Add Comment