User Avatar Image

The Original 15 Nublar Embryos

posted by Cyberscribe on - last edited - Viewed by 820 users

When Nedry stole all 15 embryos which dinosaurs were they? I'm curious, When did the park brochure that included dinosaurs such as Baryonyx, Segisaurus, and Herrerasaurus appear on screen in the original movie? Because if it wasn't shown at all then wouldn't that bring into question the original 15 embryos? Help me out people what were they? And provide evidence if you can.

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The worrying thing about Sorkin & Trodoon is:
    She specifically says:
    I thought they were getting out of their pen (implied to be pre-power outage)

    It's like really you mentalist? A dino deemed MORE dangerous than the rex and raptors that you saved from being killed off you THINK might be escaping (while the power was ON) and you don't do a thing about it or mention it??????

  • Again, Sorkin didn't want the place to be a park. She wanted it to be a biological preserve. Too bad she didn't live to see Hammond rectify that with Site B.

  • @mannyguy1 said: THERE WAS NO BRACHIOSAUR CAMEO!!!! the fact the its beautiful sounds were heard when nima and harding were talking does not a cameo make! Or did I miss something?


    It was a cameo...

  • 15 dinosaurs are, in my thoughts...

    1. Proceratosaurus (Actually Ceratosaurus)
    2. Gallimimus
    3. Tyrannosaurus
    4. Velociraptor
    5. Stegosaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    11. Baryonyx (Actually Spinosaurus)
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    14. Compsognathus (Free-Roaming)
    15. Pteranodon (In Aivary)
    Pachycephalosaurus was too aggresive to put in the park.
    Corythosaurus was meant to be integrated with Parasaurolophus.
    Mamenchisaurus was mean to be integrated with Brachiosaurus.
    The aggressive Pteranodons were locked away in the Sorna Aivary.
    Mosaurus was an unexpected success in DNA extraction.
    Troodon was unknown to staff at the time.

  • @lordvader900 said: 15 dinosaurs are, in my thoughts...

    1. Proceratosaurus (Actually Ceratosaurus)
    2. Gallimimus
    3. Tyrannosaurus
    4. Velociraptor
    5. Stegosaurus
    6. Metriacanthosaurus
    7. Triceratops
    8. Dilophosaurus
    9. Brachiosaurus
    10. Parasaurolophus
    11. Baryonyx (Actually Spinosaurus)
    12. Herrerasaurus
    13. Segisaurus
    14. Compsognathus (Free-Roaming)
    15. Pteranodon (In Aivary)
    Pachycephalosaurus was too aggresive to put in the park.
    Corythosaurus was meant to be integrated with Parasaurolophus.
    Mamenchisaurus was mean to be integrated with Brachiosaurus.
    The aggressive Pteranodons were locked away in the Sorna Aivary.
    Mosaurus was an unexpected success in DNA extraction.
    Troodon was unknown to staff at the time.


    Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if Proceratosaurus and Baryonyx were actually Ceratosaurus and Spinosaurus. But while Barynoyx and Spinosaurus were related, Proceratosaurus and Ceratosaurus were not. Baryonyx could also be a mislabled suchomimus. And I guess Ankylosaurus would be aggressive as well. Very interesting explanations. Also, and I'm sorry I'm just anal about stuff like this, It's a Tylosaurus not a Mosasaurus.

  • @Cyberscribe said: Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if Proceratosaurus and Baryonyx were actually Ceratosaurus and Spinosaurus. But while Barynoyx and Spinosaurus were related, Proceratosaurus and Ceratosaurus were not. Baryonyx could also be a mislabled suchomimus. And I guess Ankylosaurus would be aggressive as well. Very interesting explanations. Also, and I'm sorry I'm just anal about stuff like this, It's a Tylosaurus not a Mosasaurus.



    I'm just assuming InGen thought Ceratosaurus and Proceratosaurus looked the same and got confused.
    Also, Ankylosaurus I guess would end up being with Stegosaurus - I don't think they'd be very exciting anyway.
    And is the Mosasaurus really a Tylosaurus? I'll have to research that. In Episode 4 of The Game they refer to it as a Mosasaur.

  • Not every species would be going to Nublar, there was also Jurassic Park Europe and Japan.

  • @lordvader900 said: I'm just assuming InGen thought Ceratosaurus and Proceratosaurus looked the same and got confused.
    Also, Ankylosaurus I guess would end up being with Stegosaurus - I don't think they'd be very exciting anyway.
    And is the Mosasaurus really a Tylosaurus? I'll have to research that. In Episode 4 of The Game they refer to it as a Mosasaur.



    Listen to the episode 4 commentary.

    @lordvader900 said: Not every species would be going to Nublar, there was also Jurassic Park Europe and Japan.

    That's in the Novel, but not necessarily in the films.

  • Both are shown in the slideshow in the film.

  • @Oviraptor said: Both are shown in the slideshow in the film.



    Well, I'll be! Wow I seriously never noticed that before! I saw Europe but I couldn't find Japan. Thanks, I never would have seen that!

Add Comment