User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 9.7K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

431 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Tanshaydar said: Umm, are you guys even aware of what you are talking about? A cinematic experience should be linear, please don't act like every game should have freedom, exploration and multiple choices/ways.

I'm not saying the game had to have freedom or exploration. The game is linear, so using the multiple choice system as a positive attribute makes no sense.

• The Jurassic Park the game is the worst game of the year 2011,you have dishonored the movie, low quality 'graphics and little interactivity with the game.

• Sorry to hear that. Most of us liked it. Didn't know that a film was capable of being...uh...dishonored.

By the way, have you tried this 2011 game? Because I think you might change your mind.

• just out of curiosity what did you want in the game?

• @Irishmile said: just out of curiosity what did you want in the game?

Personally, I wanted the game to be a game.

It wasn't. And it was ugly. (so I can't even see it as a movie)

• are you dumb...it was never meant to be a game or a shooter as all u homosapiens now a days want it to be , it was a cinematic adventurer , it has been stated over a 1000000 times , if you werent so dumb or stupid enough to open your eyes and actually read , u would of known that

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I have an answer to that post. Move along.

• Before I start my review let me say this. I am not much of a gamer. So my opinion may not be for the average gamer. But as a JP Fan here is what I thought.

Story-9.5/10
    One of the biggest points where JP:TG succeds in is its story. The story itself is not very complex but Telltale layered it to where I was excited to play through the game to see what happens. The story also has a lot of heart and unlike other games which promised great stories *coughmarvelultimatealliance2cough* actually succeded in its promise. Though there are a few bumps with there story it isn't awful.

Characters-10/10
    Never before have I liked VG-Only characters as much as this. The cast is a well rounded bunch with ALL the characters having flaws to them. All of them do good and bad things and act like people.

Gameplay-8/10
    Like many reviews have said the gameplay is somewhat lacking but not by much. It is button mashing/exploration type gameplay which you have to keep a level-head to do well in. I can see this type of gameplay annoying some people but I really didn't mind much besides some things with the joysticks.

Models/Graphics-9/10
    Despite these getting criticised a lot I really liked the graphics besides a few shots. They are nicely rendered and I love the models for the creatures. The humans could've been better but humans are hard to render. I've tried it before and we're a pain in the ass to model.

Creatures-9.5/10
    Troodons-Holy **** are these bastards creepy. By far the scariest dinosaurs in the game. I mean those eyes are creepy as hell and there are other things which they do which are Alien-esque.
    Dilophosaurs-The Dilos have never returned after there apperance in JP so I was glad that they got focus in the game. Despite them not being as scary as the Troodons there parts where great. Especially because we learn some new things about them in the game.
    Triceratops-My favorite dinosaur of all time had some GREAT scenes in the game. My favorite boss battle was the Triceratops vs Rex fight. Thre models where great and I was glad to see them get the focus that they deserved.
    T.Rex-By far the most popular dino besides Apatosaurus the Rex is the only dinosaur besides Troodon to be in all 4 episodes. You have the most boss fights with her as well.
    Pteranadons-Despite having a small apperance they have a great scene at the beggining of episode 2 with them flying. They get talked about more then we see them though.
    Compys-There roles are small and they mostly just run around certain stages. Kind of dissapointing but its nice to see them.
    Herrerasaurs-These dinos have been known to be on Nublar but we never saw them but JP:TG confirmed there appearence. They act like Raptors but aren't anywhere near as bright. They also only have one fight in the game.
    Parasauralophus-They are the second Herbivore in the game and after your intial challenge of herding them don't appear much besides being eaten.
    Raptors-By far one of the coolest JP creatures and they where rightfully portrayed. I can't say much about them due to the fact that if I say more CF3 will get spoiled.
    Mosasaur-May I say this. Jaws eat your heart out. The Mosasaur fight was intense what else can I say?
    The only thing is the lack of herbiovores in the game. I mean seriously only two and Brachisoaur sounds. Though the Brach got cut but still semi-dissapointing.

Fan-Service/Movie Refrence-10/10
    Oh. My. God. SO MANY REFRENCES! But in all seriousness there where many refrences to the move and lots of fan service.

Overall Thoughts-
    This is by far the best JP Game of all time. Beating out Tresspasser,TLW Shooter, and JP:OG. The game is one fo my favorites and I higly recomeend it.

Rating-
    9.5/10

• I agree, this is not a game. This is an interactive movie with no other challenge than smashing buttons. The casual gamers who like JP may like it. Experienced gamers will not. Telltale is obvioulsy trying to cash in on a famous franchise with a large fan base. That's what I was trying to explain a few months ago and I manly received sarcasm here. Now the press and the users on Metacritic seem to agree...

• @Mike55 said: Overall Thoughts-
    This is by far the best JP Game of all time.

What are you smoking ? Were you even born in 1993 ? :eek:

Add Comment