User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 21.6K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DrRocketGenius said: Skyward Sword. <3

@DrRocketGenius said: I caved and got Skyward Sword.

So.... that.

Mine won't get here til Monday!!! And I won't be able to play it until late because that's my D&D day!!!:(:(:(:(

• So I finally get back into Revelations, I finally get myself an assassin recruit, things are looking up, I'm getting excited again, and my cousin sends me a friggin' screenshot from what I presume is the end. Thanks, jackass.

• Some Skyrim, some Super Mario 3D Land, and some Nes games on my arcade machine.

All good stuff, but nothing particularily noteworthy.

• @GuruGuru214 said: So I finally get back into Revelations, I finally get myself an assassin recruit, things are looking up, I'm getting excited again, and my cousin sends me a friggin' screenshot from what I presume is the end. Thanks, jackass.

That's just not cricket. Apart from that, good to hear it's (or it was at least!) getting better for you.

• I'm playing Ocarina Of Time again...yeah. bet you all thought I was going to say Skyward sword.

• Still playing Champions Online, that game is really fun. :)

• Skyrim, obviously, and DC Universe Online...

• @Icedhope said: I'm playing Ocarina Of Time again...yeah. bet you all thought I was going to say Skyward sword.

...Do you own a Wii?

• I was out of town yesterday, but I plan to pick up my Skyward Sword bundle today.

• I'm basically trying out all my old(ish) Wii games that I never got round to so I can see if they're worth playing or not.

Dead Space: Extraction - Looks amazing for the Wii, gameplay is solid (even if the 'girlfriend' has one of those annoying 'British' voices) and it looks a lot of fun. Will revisit if I'm in the mood for a first person shooter.

Disney Universe - I'm amazed at how much fun this game is. I wasn't expecting it to be at all, but it's a blast. Will definitely be playing this one.

Doctor Who: Return to Earth - Shit. Pure and simple. You spend 90% of your time aiming and firing lightballs at moving targets, 5% playing minigames and 5% wrestling with a camera that's like my Dad when he's in the right - it will move for no-one. The character models are shockingly poor, the animations crap, the AI insulting, the levels bland and the script terrible. Worst game I've played in quite some time. Will return to, if only so I can give it a proper review where I can properly stomp on its head.

Epic Mickey - Pretty fun, actually. I kinda knew it would be, but you never really know unless you play it. Looks like a time-sink though, so I'll leave it until I've not so much on my plate.

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - WTF is Fragile Dreams? It's a Japanese RPG, basically. Haven't spent a whole lot of time with it, but it seems promising and I'll give it a proper go when I get some time off work and can really delve into it.

Metroid: Other M - I hate the controls. No other way to put it - they're clunky and hard to use, especially constantly switching back and forth between first and third person modes. And the voicework is dull. Probably won't go back to it, if I'm honest.

Thor: God of Thunder - Odd. A little like God of War, but the first level didn't sell the rest of the game on me. Feels too button-mashy to me. I'll try it again at some point, I mean I own it, but not for a while, methinks.

...so yeah, I'm gonna be playing a bunch of Disney Universe once I finish Deathspank: The Baconing again.

Add Comment