User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 5.3K users

Jurassic Park FAQ

UPDATED: November 15'th

Q: I used my code from the Jurassic Part Trilogy set for a free episode. Where is it?
A: You'll be able to download this by logging into the site and clicking the Your Games link in the top-right. It's not currently available for download, but we'll have it up soon.

Q: What is the Price of the game?
A: For the PC, there are two versions. The standard edition is $29.99, and the Deluxe Edition is $49.99 (with a $10 discount if purchased prior to launch, bringing the price down to $39.99.) Retail editions for the Xbox 360 are $39.99. It's available for the PS3 on PSN at $29.99

Q: When does the game take place?
A: It takes place during the events of the first movie.

Q: What kind of game will this be?
A: It will be an adventure game with action elements.

Q: When will the game be released?
A: Nov 15th, 2011.

Q: What systems will it be available for?
A: It will be available on the PC and Mac, on the PS3 through PSN, and as a retail release for the 360.

Q: What about merchandise, and my free DVD for the PC/Mac version?
A: We have t-shirts and posters available in our store. As of right now, we do not have plans to make a Collector's DVD available, but the Deluxe Edition of the game does include a DVD.

Q: Does Telltale ship worldwide?
A: Yes, absolutely!

Q: What are the System Requirements for the PC/Mac?

PC System Requirements
Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
Sound: Direct X 8.1 sound device

Mac System Requirements
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
Additional: Not recommended for MAC Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Q: What languages are the game available in?
A: English and German voice options with English, German and French subtitles.

Q: Can I play Jurassic Park with a gamepad?
A: Definitely! You'll be given the option to choose between gamepad and keyboard/mouse when you start the game. If you wish to switch control schemes, you will need to restart the game. Sorry, but at this time, gamepad support is not available on the Mac.

Q: Hey, why can't I save my game? What's going on? There's no option on the main menu.
A: Don't worry - the game is saving automatically at set checkpoints. If you want to replay a section later, you can choose it from the Scenarios list on the main menu. When you load your game, you will be taken to the latest checkpoint you've reached.

Q: Episodes 2-4 aren't available on the main menu. I bought the game. What's the deal?
A: You will need to complete Episode 1 before you're able to start Episode 2. Then you'll need to proceed through all of Episode 2 before Episode 3 will unlock, and so on.

Current known issues:

Gamepads are not currently supported in the Mac client. However, upon launching the game, you will still be asked to choose between gamepad and mouse/keyboard. Please make sure you choose the mouse/keyboard option. The control prompt will be removed from the Mac version soon.

186 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • And also :eek:

Will there be the manual activation of the game. Like going on the phone to get it activated instead of having internet. Because that would solve my problems indefinitely.;)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Just to clarify this issue: There is no workaround to get the downloaded PC/Mac game to work without an internet connection. BUT if you bought the Deluxe Edition, you will also be sent the DVD version if you pay P&P (and if you're in the US, you should receive it before X-mas). In all games past, this DVD was completely standalone and required no online activation.

However, if the game is bought with your account, there might be a slight legal problem with giving the DVD copy to a friend. If it comes to this, better ask support whether that would be OK.

If you haven't bought the Deluxe Edition yet, it IS still in store (but more expensive than before release). I don't know for how long it will still be available, so I'm unsure if I really should advise you to wait until Thanksgiving. In the last years, TTG often had a sale that time of year.

• REALLLLY!!!:D:D:D

Thank you for your reply. So you are saying that if i buy the deluxe edition i dont have to activate it over the internet?
    If thats true i'll buy it right now:eek:

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'm sure that there won't be online activation for the standalone DVD, as that would be a completely new thing for TTG to do. But I'm just a voluntary forum moderator - I don't know that officially, it's all based on the experience of previous years!!

Maybe you could wait just a little longer, until this is officially confirmed somehow. The DVDs are not yet printed anyway, they're probably waiting until the very last moment to get them out just in time for X-mas. But please also make sure your friend has a computer that is good enough for the game! ;)

• Oh thank you soo much:D

You have been the most information to me for about 2 days.

I have another question, If it turns out that i do need internet to activate can i return the games back to telltale?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Jurassic#2 said: Oh thank you soo much:D

You have been the most information to me for about 2 days.

I have another question, If it turns out that i do need internet to activate can i return the games back to telltale?

Got my confirmation now. ;)
    The DVD version definitely doesn't need online activation. Go ahead - but please remember that this version will only arrive just in time for X-mas, not earlier!

• THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!:D

Now i'm definetly going to buy this.

I have one last question for you though. Will the pc version of back to the future and jurassic park the game be retailed in stores? If not then i'll buy this deluxe pack. Again thanks for all of your help!!!:cool:

• So, for those of us who ordered the Deluxe Edition how do we download the digital soundtrack? Or did we download it when downloaded the game and I just can't find the files because I'm blind?

Edit: lol, never mind. The links are at the bottom of the download page.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Jurassic#2 said:
    I have one last question for you though. Will the pc version of back to the future and jurassic park the game be retailed in stores? If not then i'll buy this deluxe pack. Again thanks for all of your help!!!:cool:

"Real" PC retail versions of Telltale's games are far and few. Mostly, translated retail versions pop up after months or even years in some foreign countries. You can be sure however that even if there might be a retail version in stores someday, it will definitely not be in the next months because nothing is announced right now.

• Thanks Vainamoinen for answering all of my questions!:D
    YOU'RE THE BEST!!!;)

I'll be probably buying the double deluxe edition with all the games.

Again thanks for your help.:D:p:D

Add Comment