User Avatar Image

Which Ending Do You Like Better? (Spoilers, obviously)

posted by BlankCanvasDJ on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

So naturally, I had to play through the finale segment twice to see the two different endings (there are only two, right?) and I wanted to see which one everyone preferred.

Personally, I'm torn. I liked Nima so, of course, I do like the ending where she survives and gets to live happily ever after. On the other hand, I felt like the ending in which she died provided much better closure for Gerry and Jess. It also feels like it has a little more breathing room, instead of just bolting off into the sunset like the Nima Lives ending.

Which do you guys like better?

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like the ending where Nima dies, because it's not as corny, and shows that life isn't perfect.

• @Hermes7282 said: I like the ending where Nima dies, because it's not as corny, and shows that life isn't perfect.

Then why not the fake-out ending where Gerry gets chomped by Rexy just before jumping to the boat, we see the boat sailing off with a despondent Jess all alone while Rexy roars triumphantly?

• @Woodsyblue said: Nima was also hired by BioSyn, so she knew where the boat would be. And I don't think Billy knew there was money on the boat and if he killed the guy on the boat it was because he didn't want any survivors knowing he was alive.

I can't see how does that work, sorry. Part of it I understand - Miles told Dodgson to send another boat and he shared that with Nima. (How she knew the boat would moor at the north dock is a mystery too)

But then why would Billy kill the guy who is suppose to pay him? Why would he even want the can if the guy who was to pay him is now dead?

• It's entirely possible that Bionsyn just left the boat instead of waiting around for Nima and Miles to get there (though if that were the case, you'd think they'd have kept the money on the mainland).

• I definitely prefer the ending where Nima is alive, because by the end of the game her and the Hardings really seem protective of one another. They definitely bonded. And although her daughter's need for the money is VERY strong, I don't think the Nima that we got to know would choose the can over Jess in that moment. I also like that the can got crushed like it did because it gave that damn can a "finality", lol. It's story was now complete, and sadly ended up not benefiting anybody, just like it should.

It is, however, fun to experience the Nima dies ending for the extra closure between Jess and Gerry that you don't get in the better ending.

• @Dr.Dino said: I can't see how does that work, sorry. Part of it I understand - Miles told Dodgson to send another boat and he shared that with Nima. (How she knew the boat would moor at the north dock is a mystery too)

But then why would Billy kill the guy who is suppose to pay him? Why would he even want the can if the guy who was to pay him is now dead?

No one was supposed to pay Billy for the can, he was hired by INgen to rescue survivors, not by BioSyn who wanted the embryos. He only found out about the can because he forced Nima, who was hired by BioSyn, to tell him about it.

There are two possibilities to what happened to the guy on the boat, either he was killed by dinosaurs or Billy. If he was killed by Billy then it is likely Billy didn't know there was money on the boat, otherwise he wouldn't have come back for the can. If Billy did get the can I'm not sure what he was planning on doing with it, after all he didn't know who Nima's contacts were. It's likely he was just hoping to be able to sell it to the highest bidder.

• Since Nima told Billy her plan it was their intention to get to the boat and deliver the can to the contact, while Oscar would rescue the survivors. I cannot understand why would Billy kill the guy that would pay him for the can and then go after the can when there won't be anybody to pay him for it anymore.

Add Comment