User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 14.1K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They need to wait to release it in time with the sequel.

• Is it kinda weird that I'd prefer a Muppets game mo-capped? No, not with people wearing green ping-pong ball suits, but with green ping-pong ball puppets. The Muppets move in such a familiarly awkward way, that if they are animated normally instead of moving like puppets, it would feel kinda weird.

I mean, look at how Kermit moves in this video. Look at his hands.

• Now, I could be mistaken, but I don't think Telltale could execute it properly. If you were going to do a Who Framed Roger Rabbit? PNC adventure game, it would -need- to be mix live action video with cartoon characters, and I both doubt the Telltale Tool would be up to it and that TTG would be prepared to cast and film the live-action bits. Then again, TTG is always improving T³, and if they really wanted to do it...

• I think I'd almost prefer to see DF do a Muppets game, but that's just me.

• @xbskid said: Now, I could be mistaken, but I don't think Telltale could execute it properly. If you were going to do a Who Framed Roger Rabbit? PNC adventure game, it would -need- to be mix live action video with cartoon characters

...much like Toonstruck. Which also needs a new game!

• @Darth Marsden said: ...much like Toonstruck. Which also needs a new game!

First Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and now Toonstruck. Will you guys stop suggesting Telltale make games that involve Christopher Lloyd? I doubt they'd be able to get him. :p

• How about a game in which you play Telltale's lawyer, desperately trying to get the rights to hundreds of cartoon characters....

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'd want a Muppet game with the strings used to operate them reproduced digitally. Where in fact the environment setup is such that you know exactly where the puppeteers would have to hide.

That would be the bomb. ;)

• @FitzoliverJ said: How about a game in which you play Telltale's lawyer, desperately trying to get the rights to hundreds of cartoon characters....

It would certainly hold us over until we actually got WFRR?/Toonstruck games.

• @tredlow said: Is it kinda weird that I'd prefer a Muppets game mo-capped? No, not with people wearing green ping-pong ball suits, but with green ping-pong ball puppets. The Muppets move in such a familiarly awkward way, that if they are animated normally instead of moving like puppets, it would feel kinda weird.

I mean, look at how Kermit moves in this video. Look at his hands.

The Jim Henson company makes some CGI kid's shows now, and they use a machine called a "Waldo" that captures their hand movements to allow them to control digital characters through physical puppetry. It's pretty cool.

Add Comment