User Avatar Image

Are the Dilo's really stunted?

posted by Mike55 on - last edited - Viewed by 529 users

Hello a friend of mine on another site is really POed that the Dilos are stuck as juvies. Me and another firend have brought up some arguments AGAINST it but he wants us to ask you guys. So are the Dilos really stunted or just Juvies? He's concerned that it's a retcon to what little canon has been established to his favorite animals. 11:47 PM
EDIT:Proof that they aren't stunted
Nedry's line in the movie "Oh I thought you where one of your big brothers"-Sure Nedry's dumb but eh was smart enough to leave the Raptor pen on and knew enough about the Dinos that his word counts for something.
TLW Dilo Screensaver-http://www.jplegacy.org/encyc/debates/DiloDebate.jpg This was on the computer in the trailer.
Spielberg's word-Spielberg has said that the Dilos where juvies.

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well... in the JP game world they are juveniles.. and will eventually grow into even more terrifying adults.

They talked about it in the tour vid for the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s4aC0orVgk

the fact that the real animals grew to 20 feet in length, this explanation pleases me.

• Thanks my friend will be thrilled to know. ;)

• I don't see why them being stunted and juvenile need be seen as mutually exclusive things.

They can easily be juveniles that have stunted growth and therefore are already smaller than they should be and when fully grown will remain smaller than they should be.

I mean consider dwarfism in humans, they have stunted growth obviously but that doesn't magically mean they skip over being a "juvenile" (child) just because they have almost reached the limits of their growth.

• How do you know it was a Dilopho nest? It could've been anyone's, and the Dilopho was just nearby and hungry.

A real mother would never stop protecting their nest, so why would the Dilopho just run off?

• @Hermes7282 said: How do you know it was a Dilopho nest? It could've been anyone's, and the Dilopho was just nearby and hungry.

A real mother would never stop protecting their nest, so why would the Dilopho just run off?

It could have been hunting for food, then it could have heard an intruder, then it would have been like :mad:

• @nanotyrano said: It could have been hunting for food, then it could have heard an intruder, then it would have been like :mad:

But then it would try to kill him. Animal mothers do that. They wouldn't leave, they would protect it to the best of their abilities. I think some dino laid an egg, the Dilo was nearby, and saw Yoder, and wanted food.

Add Comment