User Avatar Image

What's episode 5?

posted by dirtywhitesniperjr. on - last edited - Viewed by 869 users

I herd there was 5 episodes so whats episode 5?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There is a secret episode, but you have to unlock it. Unlocking said episode however, requires cunning and finesse.

  • @caeska said: There is a secret episode, but you have to unlock it. Unlocking said episode however, requires cunning and finesse.

    Reminds of those FFVII rumors what are not true.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    @Irishmile said: Do not quote me on this.. but I do not really think there IS a missing episode... I sort of assumed when the game was delayed it was just sort of re-edited into four episodes.

    And here I am, quoting Irishmile on this.

    Can't find the TTG quotes right now, but I remember that the storyline was, much like a movie, re-cut to fit in four episodes. There is no fixed "secret" episode. Things were reconsidered, things were re-arranged, as was often done with Sam & Max or other TTG games previously, some things were cut to make room for other new things. For example, as Laserschwert has noticed in this thread, it seems like one character was cut.

  • @Vainamoinen said: And here I am, quoting Irishmile on this.

    Can't find the TTG quotes right now, but I remember that the storyline was, much like a movie, re-cut to fit in four episodes. There is no fixed "secret" episode. Things were reconsidered, things were re-arranged, as was often done with Sam & Max or other TTG games previously, some things were cut to make room for other new things. For example, as Laserschwert has noticed in this thread, it seems like one character was cut.

    i am kind of thinking we all know this, the guy that was talking with Dr. sorkin while they were watching, and rescueing gerry harding and jess harding

  • Episode 5 has officially been confirmed by Telltale! This is good news for all of us.

    Episode 5 picks up where episode 4 ended, with the boat ride over. After getting to Costa Rica, both Gerry and Jess fly out of Liberia International Airport back to Dallas on an American Airlines flight. Your first encounter is at Gerry's ex-wife's house, where a fight sequence with QTE ensues between Gerry and the ex-wife's boyfriend. You win that fight. Next, you go to the courthouse (but not before having another cinematic QTE adventure on the highways of Dallas), to appeal the custody case. If your fingers are fast enough, you win a 50/50% on the custody of Jess. Later, you go to your new job at the Dallas Zoo where the reptile enclosure was accidently left open, allowing a few species to escape. More QTEs that must be successful to save lives at the Zoo. Animals are recaptured, and Gerry is the hero. During that same timeframe, Jess has one last shoplifiting spree. QTE events for Jess outrunning the local mall cops, and if you're good enough, she gets away with it. But that is the straw that breaks the camel's back, and she swears she'll never steal again in her life. Gerry buys a house in Dallas and settles in, content with seeing Jess equally as her mother (50/50).

  • User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

    We planned to have an episode 5 for a significant portion of the production, but it always felt a little like we were just stretching the story out. So like people have guessed, we re-edited to make episode 4 longer than originally planned, and keep the excitement up for a big action packed ending.

    The thing with Sorkin's assistant was only ever meant to be an episode 2 thing, and I think that mostly ended up getting cut because of what we were and weren't allowed to do for a Teen rating - but since that wasn't decided until after we had gotten most of episode 1 done, and the assistant was in episode 1, we still had to address what happened to him.

    If there was a secret episode 5, I think it would have been about the adventures of Barney the security guard.

  • @bubbledncr said: I think that mostly ended up getting cut because of what we were and weren't allowed to do for a Teen rating

    Well.... that sucks. If someone pops back in here, how far along was it cut? Was it near finished? Is it something that could show up in video form at some point?

  • @bubbledncr said: We planned to have an episode 5 for a significant portion of the production, but it always felt a little like we were just stretching the story out. So like people have guessed, we re-edited to make episode 4 longer than originally planned, and keep the excitement up for a big action packed ending.

    The thing with Sorkin's assistant was only ever meant to be an episode 2 thing, and I think that mostly ended up getting cut because of what we were and weren't allowed to do for a Teen rating - but since that wasn't decided until after we had gotten most of episode 1 done, and the assistant was in episode 1, we still had to address what happened to him.

    If there was a secret episode 5, I think it would have been about the adventures of Barney the security guard.

    wait how do they put the medicine in the waters of isla sorna, if they survived more than they were supposed to?

  • yea, telltale, it would be nice if u can say us what was really cut at the end?

Add Comment