User Avatar Image

When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth banner

posted by jedimacfan on - last edited - Viewed by 495 users

Please tell me that is not Comic Sans I saw on the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banner in JP Episode 1. What happened to "spared no expense?". Hammond would have splurged for a commercial typeface. ;)

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LuigiHann said: Wait, they made THAT sign in Comic Sans? Does anybody have a screenshot? I mean even if you don't have the exact font, it's clearly a block font and not a handwritten-looking one. I mean I get that it's a slightly irregular font but... comic sans is basically as dissimilar as you can go. Arial Black would have worked.



    Here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/comparisonr.jpg/

    The font they used in the movie is called "African". It took me all of 20seconds to find on the net for my model.

    Don't even get me started on the fact that they used the main doorway twice for the side door. Not to mention it wouldn't even physically fit. But that's another thread. lol

    Telltale needs to hire me on as 'quality control' for the next JP game.

  • @Computer Genius said: Here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/comparisonr.jpg/

    The font they used in the movie is called "African". It took me all of 20seconds to find on the net for my model.

    Don't even get me started on the fact that they used the main doorway twice for the side door. Not to mention it wouldn't even physically fit. But that's another thread. lol

    Telltale needs to hire me on as 'quality control' for the next JP game.



    I can nitpick too :))
    You are using the African font but in the movie the S is shaped slightly different :))

  • @Faceslasher said: I don't get why people hate Comic Sans, I see it everyday. My school has FLYERS written in Comic Sans.



    I'm studying graphic design and typography.
    There are several reasons, why nobody likes the font, especially because it's over-used, used inadequate and looks amateurish.
    Moreover, it's not a good font. It has several mistakes and it's illegible in long texts.

    There are thousands of good Comic and Script fonts which do a way better job than Comic Sans.

  • Yeah your font is definitely much closer but it's not spot-on either. Looking at the corners of any letter there are obvious differences. Still any blocky font would suffice as "close enough," so it's bizarre that they used a rounded-edged font like Comic Sans when all the movie sign's edges are distinctly flat and sharp.

  • @tope1983 said: I can nitpick too :))
    You are using the African font but in the movie the S is shaped slightly different :))



    Closer than Comic Sans though.

  • @LuigiHann said: Yeah your font is definitely much closer but it's not spot-on either. Looking at the corners of any letter there are obvious differences. Still any blocky font would suffice as "close enough," so it's bizarre that they used a rounded-edged font like Comic Sans when all the movie sign's edges are distinctly flat and sharp.



    It's almost like it's unfinished. Like it was a temp texture that no one remembered to fix.

  • Someday, one of you guys might have an actual production job and realize that amongst the BAJILLION things you have to do to get a project complete, small things (like this banner font) get overlooked or approved as-is because there are items higher on the priority list. I fully believe they knew it was the wrong font, and just had a lot more to address and fix before the release date. Considering you see the banner in the corner of a couple scenes, and you have to look for it to notice it, and most people don't really care its not african font, I can see why they might of let it slide.

  • @TP3D said: Someday, one of you guys might have an actual production job and realize that amongst the BAJILLION things you have to do to get a project complete, small things (like this banner font) get overlooked or approved as-is because there are items higher on the priority list. I fully believe they knew it was the wrong font, and just had a lot more to address and fix before the release date. Considering you see the banner in the corner of a couple scenes, and you have to look for it to notice it, and most people don't really care its not african font, I can see why they might of let it slide.



    Yeah? Well, that's why game companies have people play test games. It's not just for catching glitches.

  • Like I said, I'm sure they knew it was the wrong font, so it would of been irrelevant if "testers" pointed it to them regardless.

  • Oh well. It is what it is.:rolleyes:

Add Comment