User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dang, another person that doesn't like Metroid: Other M... :(

Playing Skyward Sword at last!! :D

• after reading a bunch of positive reviews I bought 'To the Moon'. Its an adventure game that looks like a snes RPG. The puzzles arent anything special but the story is amazing-its got the structure of Memento and uses ideas from Inception and Eternal Sunshine. It manages to be really funny at the same time. Theres an 1hr free trial on the website which is well worth checking out, the opening scene is funny enough that I was sold straight away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkJuSV-23U

• I have a lot of games going on at once:
    Jurassic Park. Stopped playing just after completing Chapter 2.
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The reason I stopped playing Jurassic Park right after Chapter 2. Currently in Dungeon 4.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic. Currently waiting for the updater to update for this week's Beta test... stupid 11+GB update...

• DeathSpank: The Baconing on the PS3, and DeathSpank: The Original on PC. I'm a man of little imagination.

• I got to play a little bit of Skyrim! My brother bought it, so I immediately hijacked his computer and managed to get my character to a level where I can reliably be killed by weird goblin things. Though, honestly, my favorite things to do so far are the crafting things. Seriously, I spend all my time forging armor and brewing potions.

• How come Guru's not playing Skyward Sword?

• Well, I finished Apollo Justice yesterday. But I've mainly been playing Skyward Sword. I've clocked in around 15 hours so far, and haven't reached the third temple yet! It's just great fun to mess around an discover new stuff. Although I spent two hours trying to figure out how to cross a sand pit and eventually had to look at a guide. Boo.

• @JedExodus said: How come Guru's not playing Skyward Sword?

Because I won't own it until Christmas at the earliest. I could've gotten it for my birthday, but I chose Assassin's Creed: Revelations instead, and now I've just spent $200 I don't have from a job that I don't start until Tuesday on the Zelda themed 3DS.

BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE IT'S SO PRETTY.

2011-11-25143410.jpgAnd apparently it's reflecting the texture on my ceiling. It's actually very nice and shiny.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Dang, another person that doesn't like Metroid: Other M... :(

I really wanted to like it. I really did. Loved Super Metroid and I heard that Other M is more of a sequel to that than the game cube games I never played plus it was a return to the 3rd person controls. I couldn't get passed the second stage....section...level whatever(and not because of game difficulty). Awful controls and the forced first person pissed me off. The advertising prior to release made it sound like you had a choice. I didn't like the character depth on her part...or speech..in ANY form. This game was just a heartbreak for me.

• I've had Other: M sitting around for the last year, untouched. I'll probably pick up Metroid II on the 3DS shop and do a Metroid series run after I finish my Zelda run.

And speaking of my Zelda run, I just finished the Water Temple. Effortless as always. I've never gotten why so many people have trouble with that one. The Shadow Temple is the real bitch of that game.

Add Comment