User Avatar Image

If you had the Jurassic Park license...

posted by Turanoceratops on - last edited - Viewed by 951 users

and a team of 50 or more skilled and experienced developers what kind of Jurassic Park game would you program?

jurassic_park__the_river_by_vanoxymore-d

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well the whole "story" of this game would be to survive. You play as a dinosaur and see it's daily live and fight to survive. It should be something like a "simulation & survival" game.
    But you can also put tasks in the game like [LIST]
    [*]"conquer" the territory of the rivalry compy pack.
    [*]try to kill a full grown Brachiosaurus as a T-Rex
    [*]try to catch a flying pterosaur as Dilophosaurus etc...
    [/LIST]

The alpha raptor idea is also nice but you have to fight your way to this status.

Edit: During the first Jurassic Park film all dinosaurs went free.

• @Turanoceratops said: Well the whole "story" of this game would be to survive. You play as a dinosaur and see it's daily live and fight to survive. It should be something like a "simulation & survival" game.
    But you can also put tasks in the game like [LIST]
    [*]"conquer" the territory of the rivalry compy pack.
    [*]try to kill a full grown Brachiosaurus as a T-Rex
    [*]try to catch a flying pterosaur as Dilophosaurus etc...
    [/LIST]

The alpha raptor idea is also nice but you have to fight your way to this status.

Edit: During the first Jurassic Park film all dinosaurs went free.

Your ideas are great but like i said it shouldn't be the whole game ,just an additional game mode;more game content is always better:)....and yes in JP1 all the dinosaurs broke free in the end but there were too few in numbers for this idea to work,and besides from the second movie we learn that they all died because of a hurricane(Hammond tells Malcolm in the beginning)

• @TorQue said: Your ideas are great but like i said it should't be the whole game ,just an additional game mode;more game content is always better:)....and yes in JP1 all the dinosaurs broke free in the end but there were too few in numbers for this idea to work,and besides from the second movie we learn that they all died because of a hurricane(Hammond tells Malcolm in the beginning)

A reason to make a sequel to the game :D with Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus & co.

• The thing that got me hooked on Jurassic Park (not hooked on dinosaurs in general) was the whole build a park thingie that Hammond had going. I loved JPOG simply because I could make fences and put my dinosaurs in there, making it all neat looking and shit like that.

Would love another park builder game.

• @RexMaster said: Trespasser 2

I loved the first one, even though I didn't make it very far and the game mechanics were terrible. If this next game has HALF the production value of Trespasser, we are in for a real treat. Just curious though, how much of the Universal/JP license did Dreamworks have? Obviously they could afford Richard Attenborough for it.. I would love to at least hear his voice in this upcoming game! Oh.. and here's a little taste of Trespasser for those who may not know of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW-7uatehx4

Edit: I remember I had surround speakers when this game first came out.. there's nothing like actually hearing a raptor or "something" creeping up behind you when you are wondering around. Again, I hope this upcoming game will have that same effect, though I know there won't be any walking around.

• a poo, another jurassic park operation genesis with battlefield 3 graphics would be amazing, and you could control the dinosaurs, also you would have to eat and sleep just like on the sims 3, and you get better choices of paths and buildings to work on, like on site b, you can actually remake the lost world and JP3

• I agree with bloodkiller630
    A JP:OG game where you can walk around like a visitor and take tours, come to the island in a helicopter with a dramatic cutscene, be able to control dinosaurs!

• Another cool idea, aside from my remake of Trespasser, would be a game where you play as the game warden of Jurassic Park. There are different missions where you have to stop outbreaks, take people on tours, and stuff like that. And the story will be simular to the first film where you have to find out who the spy is that's trying to steal info from the island. Something like that.

• @TorQue said: Your ideas are great but like i said it shouldn't be the whole game ,just an additional game mode;more game content is always better:)....and yes in JP1 all the dinosaurs broke free in the end but there were too few in numbers for this idea to work,and besides from the second movie we learn that they all died because of a hurricane(Hammond tells Malcolm in the beginning)

I believe you misinterpreted that. The fate of Nublar remains unclear. What Hammond tells Malcolm is that InGen left Site B after their facilities were destroyed by a hurricane.

• i guess my Dream Jurassic Park game would be something maybe like Dead Island. a first person point of view RPG that lets you explore the whole island and do Quests/Missions. The fighting would be minimal as you wouldn't have that much to defend yourself with and it would be more survival horror feel, similar to Amnesia, where you have to run from the dinosaurs and wait for them to give up looking for you. because JP is not about killing dinosaurs, its about Dinosaurs hunting you in a way. obviously the story would be the main focus and that something i really want in a JP game

Add Comment