User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 44.4K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Rayman Origins, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7, and Beyond Good and Evil HD.

• And I got LA Noire for one dollar on Onlive. Because I figured that was a good a way as any to both test how well Onlive works and if I like LA Noire. I'm becoming a crafty consumer!

• @Alcoremortis said: And I got LA Noire for one dollar on Onlive. Because I figured that was a good a way as any to both test how well Onlive works and if I like LA Noire. I'm becoming a crafty consumer!

I am quite impressed by this action.

• It's less impressive when one sees how big my backlog is becoming. Already, I have enough games to last me for several years at least.

• @Alcoremortis said: It's less impressive when one sees how big my backlog is becoming. Already, I have enough games to last me for several years at least.

You should see mine. I'm two gaming console generations behind on my games. Bordering on three once the Wii U comes out.

I mean, I haven't even played the ORIGINAL Portal let alone Portal 2!

• Did some shopping uptown and got very, very lucky finding pre-owned stuff:

From Game:

Rock Band Portable Drum Kit: £12.99
    (THIS! was exactly what I needed. I mostly wanted that portable pedal to replace the Guitar Hero one. Even better, is that it has no loose parts, a nice curly stretch cable, (but is long enough not to reall need it), and I can use them with Rockband if I need to! :D)

Rock Band: The Beatles £4.99
    (I'm not really a fan of The Beatles, but its more songs for a cheap price! :D)
    Band Hero £4.99
    (My buddy has all the other Guitar Hero games, plus Its actually got a decent setlist. Its all pop, but its not all crappy like GH5's, great game for the microphone)

From CEX:

Rock Band £4.50
    (More songs! Plus I have the drums now)

Rock Band 3: £15

(OMG! This was a great find! This game is pretty hard to get a hold of, (there was only 1 copy in store), especially for that price! Got some great songs, plus, Rock Band eclipse Guitar Hero in DLC, so I've already got some DLC for it! :D)

So overall spend on Guitar Hero/Rock Band stuff:

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Band Pack £42
    Rock Band Portable Drums Kit £13
    Rock Band £4.50
    Rock Band: The Beatles £5
    Band Hero £5
    Rock Band DLC: £10
    Thing Called Love
    Brutal Legend Pack
    Transmaniacon MC
    Stand Up and Shout
    Child in Time
    Gutar Hero DLC: £7
    Black Betty (Cover)
    Rocky Horror Pack (Sweet Transvestite, Hot Patootie, Time Warp)
    Detroit Rock City
    Tom Sawyer

(NOTE: I got the Guitar Hero DLC first)

OVERALL SPEND ON GH/RB STUFF: £86.50

Man! Thats a lot!

(Well not a huge amount considering 2 brand new games would cost around £60-70, and I have most of the instruments, but its still quite hefty. Great value though, would last me quite a long time. Especially if my buddy comes over, (as he has Guitar Hero: Metallica, Van Halen, 2, 3 and Greatest Hits on 360, (he might have 4 and 5 but I can't remember)))

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/37892855@N00/6426231495/in/photostream Sam and Max Surfin' The Highway (both 1995 and 2008 editions); A 256 page graphic novel called Josh Howard Presents: Sasquatch, which I got straight from the viper comics website (deal's still going on) for 60 cents plus 8.35 shipping and handling, just use code VIPER70; and Sam and Max Freelance Police, The Complete Animated Series. Good deals all.

• Humble Introversion Bundle. Again. That'll teach me not to offer up my extra games before the bundle is over.

• Does paying attention count as a purchase?

• Sure! Why not? It's better than getting free attention.

Add Comment