User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 21.2K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

432 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Faceslasher said: Because food = games.

Game bugs are never bothered with if not happening to almost everyone. This happens with Valve aswell. I reported a bug in TF2, and they didn't reply to it. Telltale however, actually does reply quickly. Or on the same day.

1. Food = games :confused:

2. Game bugs are often patched, universal or not. More often, though, games are released with far fewer bugs than this one.

3. Some companies reply, some don't. I have yet to see a statement from Telltale addressing the bugs cited in the multitude of reviews, professional and casual, saying they are working on a patch. If I'm wrong I'd be happy to know about it, although it would take an entire reworking to make me want to replay this piece of garbage. And because I'm just posting my impression here as the thread says, and rather strongly, I don't expect my bug report to be personally addressed. I did not bother (perhaps I will) with a "Dear Telltale Games, I am a longtime fan etc etc" letter listing the bugs that made it virtually unplayable, and I don't know if they'd write back. But given the reviews, on commercial reviewing sites as well as impressions here, TTG would be smart to unveil a "major reworking" of the game" to get the customers who won't touch it with the current ratings (until the price drops to $5) and even add in some bonus "park exploration scene" or something to acknowledge with the rest of the gaming world that their fine line of products is way too good for this game. Not only for their long-time fans (myself included -- they were my favorite developer!) but so those not in their more traditional fanbase would take it seriously. I'm sure TTG would love to have reached the first person point-and-shoot gamers but they are laughing their butts off at the controls on this t-rex egg-size bomb they laid. A patch, at the very least, would be simple PR, smart business, etc.

Anyone seen the sales figures on this game?

• I got it (ps3 version) on last week, and i had finished it once.
    No doubt it is a great game for a JP fans like me.

But there got 1 issue that made me disappointed is the Frame Rate problem...got any solution to fix this problem on PS3 version? I really hope to enjoy this game smoothly without lagging frame rate because it is very annoying.

Thanks.

• @Faceslasher said: Bugs shouldn't be in a review if it's not universal, AKA everyone suffered it.

That is a stupid point. So if I bought a $50,000 BMW and my car had a brake problem I should not inculde that in my review even if the other cars do not have it ? Sorry buddy, that is a horrible point you make...

• @Faceslasher said: Jurassic Park Modern Warfare from Activision and Sledgehammer games.

Be glad it isn't that.

I would be glad if it was. At least Activision makes quality games. I about lost it when I saw Dinos with glow in the dark eyes....now it's just getting stupid..For the people who really hate this game, we will have the last laugh. This game will be forgotten in a month, probably not even hit 100,000 in sales while MW3 will be at 10,000,000.....hahahaha There will be 3 fanboys on here who defend it to the death. They made up in their mind that the game would be great before it even came out and the will stick with that idea, until they are let down and heartbroken...

• @usnusa2003 said: I would be glad if it was. At least Activision makes quality games. I about lost it when I saw Dinos with glow in the dark eyes....now it's just getting stupid..For the people who really hate this game, we will have the last laugh. This game will be forgotten in a month, probably not even hit 100,000 in sales while MW3 will be at 10,000,000.....hahahaha There will be 3 fanboys on here who defend it to the death. They made up in their mind that the game would be great before it even came out and the will stick with that idea, until they are let down and heartbroken...

Only quality game from Activision in my opinion was The Movies Game: Stunts and Effects. And maybe the first spiderman game. BUT THATS IT.

MW3 sucks hard. And usnusa, troodons eyes are meant to glow, it makes afraid. Which it got me good. This game came from an indie company, the sales are low because they haven't advertised it at all.
    *snip*
    Strike three, you're out. -SWP

And no, I'm not a fanboy. I don't like this game, and I don't hate this game. Hate is a strong word, I dislike it's quality.

• @usnusa2003 said: At least Activision makes quality games.

This made me lol hard. Activision is basically just EA but the games have worse graphics. Most of the stuff Activision produces is a waste of time. Their catalogue just consists of generic shooters and poorly made licenced titles.

• @Faceslasher said: MW3 got those sales because of the gayboys that love the game so much.

@Faceslasher said: Hate is a strong word, I dislike it's quality.

But it's okay to throw around a word that contributes to hate crimes? I'm no prude, but there's a difference between "gay" and "gayboy." One is a neutral description and the other is a slur used to bully.

I would not have gone off-topic but I pressed the "report" thingy several hours ago. I respect the decision of the mods, on that post as well as mine, as well as their time if they are busy. But I stick to my opinion that the term does not belong in a respectful forum any more than a racial or ethnic slur.

Thank you. :)

• @Woodsyblue said: poorly made licenced titles.

Reminds me of Telltale 2010/11 catalogue.

• @anthoto1 said: Reminds me of Telltale 2010/11 catalogue.

I won't lie, the thought crossed my mind when I wrote the post but at least Telltale have the excuse of being a small developer and publisher. Activision is one of the biggest in the business and they routinely churn out stuff that is worse than BttF and JP.

• Played JP for Mac. Didn't experience any game probs. Loved the characterization--best I've seen in any game. The negative is the facial expressions aren't true to the emotion. Maybe some LA Noire magic to remedy that in future games. Still, I was impressed with the cast of characters and range of personality types, as well as the voice acting and storyline.

As for gameplay,it was different, of course, more action-oriented, which I do not enjoy, but the actions were easy, something hard-core action lovers probably hated. I would have liked to have seen more puzzles.

Music was wonderful.

9/10

Add Comment