User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 36.6K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Comrade Pants said: AAAAAGGGGHHHH! *turns away* Wait, I'm sorry, what are you getting?

I see what you did the- Wait. What were we talking about again?

• @Alcoremortis said: I see what you did the- Wait. What were we talking about again?

NASA, I think.

• @Comrade Pants said: NASA, I think.

I like NASA. My grandpa used to work at JPL, a subset of NASA. Actually, I used to work there too. Only time I worked for the government, and it was totally worth it to be able to show off my shiny government ID.

• @coolsome said: I'm getting the Silence series 6 box for Xmas.

I was getting the standard blu-ray set, but that didn't work on my laptop (basically Sony are imbeciles who can't be arsed to update their drivers in three years. Boo. Also Cyberlink support ditched me too.) So now I'm getting the standard DVD set. Silent is cool, but I'm running out of space, and that wouldn't fit nicely on a shelf. Also, I'd be constantly losing it.

Theory: The meaning of life revolves around Silents, which is why no-one knows what it is, as they keep forgetting.

@Alcoremortis: Go to the kenedy space centre: They hand them out like cookies. I have three!

Also: Oh god. Big finish are having another sale next month. I will not be held responsible for the back injuries the postman will sustain lugging my purhcases to my door.

• @Friar said: Also: Oh god. Big finish are having another sale next month. I will not be held responsible for the back injuries the postman will sustain lugging my purhcases to my door.

Don't get your hopes up. It'll be the same stuff from the June sale, most likely, with maybe a slightly lower price on some of them and one or two new things thrown in. Nevertheless, I can hope they'll do a Big Finish for a Fiver offer for a few more of the later main range releases (Have been eyeing the main range Singularity for a few weeks since A. Not Enough Fifth Doctor in my Library B. Good Score C. Don't really know anything about it D. It's apparently the basic plot of The Sound of Drums minus the Master and not infuriatingly bad. Also that I'd like to get another one-off audio that's not in the middle of some grand arc.)

• @Ribs said: Don't get your hopes up. It'll be the same stuff from the June sale, most likely, with maybe a slightly lower price on some of them and one or two new things thrown in. Nevertheless, I can hope they'll do a Big Finish for a Fiver offer for a few more of the later main range releases (Have been eyeing the main range Singularity for a few weeks since A. Not Enough Fifth Doctor in my Library B. Good Score C. Don't really know anything about it D. It's apparently the basic plot of The Sound of Drums minus the Master and not infuriatingly bad. Also that I'd like to get another one-off audio that's not in the middle of some grand arc.)

Hey! The sound of drums was awesome! It was "last of the timelords" that was bad.

As for the sale, I just relistened to "and the pirates" and decided I want the stage plays. And maybe pick up a few of the six+evelyn ones I missed.

• @Friar said: Hey! The sound of drums was awesome! It was "last of the timelords" that was bad.

As for the sale, I just relistened to "and the pirates" and decided I want the stage plays. And maybe pick up a few of the six+evelyn ones I missed.

Well, excellent timing, seeing as next month's non-musical Beyond the Ultimate Adventure CC is coming out.

• @Friar said: Hey! The sound of drums was awesome! It was "last of the timelords" that was bad.

I found all three of the series three Master episodes great.

• There's a link with more details now.

Although the tab description says "Companion chronicles day". Hmm...

Add Comment