158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

All right, you lost your original topic two pages ago. And now there are some long and entirely misplaced game reviews in here. Mind if I transfer at least these into the review thread?

• This whole thread seems to be going no where in my opinion.

Some employess gave their own game a ten, some people got mad, others didn't care. In the end it doesn't matter. I enjoyed the game.

But I can see why this could leave a bad taste in peoples mouth. Unfortunitly, a lot of people depend on reviews because they are unable to voice their own opininos. They read a review and all of a sudden, with out even trying it for themselves, that review is set in stone. So by that logic, reviews can be used as a type of bait to get people to play the game.

Give the game a ten, people see that, flock to buy it, and it doesn't matter if they enjoy it or not cause they already paid. Was this the employees intention? We'll never know. Maybe they were just having an excitment high and wanted to express that using the user review section. That section, btw, will be full of other reviews with 10's, 8's, 5's 0's and you'll see an overall average. But that adverage means nothing. Why? Because it's not your opinion. You can't really know for sure if you'll like the game based on someone elses opinion. You have to play it yourself.

.... I'm speaking in circles it seems. My opinion on this whole situation still stands. I don't really care cause I'm enjoying the game.

• @Vainamoinen said: All right, you lost your original topic two pages ago. And now there are some long and entirely misplaced game reviews in here. Mind if I transfer at least these into the review thread?

I hate the concept that every single post in a thread must be exactly about whatever the topic of the thread is. If a thread goes off on a semi-related tangent, let it. It's not a big deal. Dividing and merging threads kills any and all discussion happening in them.

• I just want to say: Telltale, you're better than this.

• I decided to photograph people's reactions to this news.

96802-165329.jpg

• The problem was that TTG made fake reviews to forge the meta critic score for their game in order to sell more games rather than just make a good game.

They did not send out review copies which meant the reviews where empty and then they posted their fake 10/10 reviews which gave the game a temporary perfect meta critic score in an attempt to sell more games on a forged premise that it was a spectacular game before any real person even had a chance to review it.

I support people giving the game 0/10 on mere principle. Developers need to understand that forged reviews will not be tolerated and that doing so will have consequences. Painful ones right in the wallet

• @Nathuram said: The problem was that TTG made fake reviews to forge the meta critic score for their game in order to sell more games rather than just make a good game.

They did not send out review copies which meant the reviews where empty and then they posted their fake 10/10 reviews which gave the game a temporary perfect meta critic score in an attempt to sell more games on a forged premise that it was a spectacular game before any real person even had a chance to review it.

I support people giving the game 0/10 on mere principle. Developers need to understand that forged reviews will not be tolerated and that doing so will have consequences. Painful ones right in the wallet

You know, I've said it several f-ing times in this thread. Not everyone at TellTale did this. Nor did everyone at TellTale work on Jurassic Park. Frankly, they might have been people that ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME.

Also, I find this entire situation to be completely full of BS. Do you want to know why? Metacritic started the investigation on this matter because of one thing: The reviews used proper grammar and spelling. That is BS.

• @Shadowknight1 said: You know, I've said it several f-ing times in this thread. Not everyone at TellTale did this. Nor did everyone at TellTale work on Jurassic Park. Frankly, they might have been people that ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME.

Also, I find this entire situation to be completely full of BS. Do you want to know why? Metacritic started the investigation on this matter because of one thing: The reviews used proper grammar and spelling. That is BS.

Oh please. The reviewer referred to the game as "Heavy Rain as directed by Spielberg" When reviewing his own freaking game while posing as an anonymous user. That is complete bullshit and the ensuing shitstorm was well deserved. If I wanted to read what the developers thought about their own freaking game I would check their website and the information would be useless. People go to metacritic to see what regular users have to say about games. Actual reviews by unbiased people who played the game and want to express their opinion on it.

• @Nathuram said: People go to metacritic to see what regular users have to say about games. Actual reviews by unbiased people who played the game and want to express their opinion on it.

Then 0/10 reviews by people who are pissed are just as wrong then.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Also, I find this entire situation to be completely full of BS. Do you want to know why? Metacritic started the investigation on this matter because of one thing: The reviews used proper grammar and spelling. That is BS.

You are aware that the grammar and spelling were merely clues that prompted further investigation, which then led to evidence indicating that Telltale employees were indeed responsible? I have difficulty grasping how the nature of the initial clues that lead to the discovery of some action by some party could have any bearing on whether the action in question should be considered right or wrong.

Add Comment