User Avatar Image

Getting very pissed at you telltale!!!!!

posted by velocoraptor on - last edited - Viewed by 876 users

TELLTALE! I DOWNLOADED THE GAME, INSTALLED IT, AND I KEEP GETTING A ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAYS "CAN'T LOAD GAME DATA"...BLAHBLAHBLAH. THIS IS THE FIRST GAME I BOUGHT FROM YOU AND IF I CANNOT PLAY THIS BLEEPING GAME IT WILL BE THE LAST!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

YOUR MAKING A VELOCORAPTOR VERY ANGRY!!! BIG MISTAKE lol couldn't resist.

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Calm down, if you have a zipping program like WinRAR open it up and press extract. Not drag the files out into what ever folder. When you extract it select the place for it to extract to.

• That error indicates that the game wasn't installed correctly. Please uninstall the game and then follow the directions below.

Right-click the .zip file you downloaded from our site and click Extract All. Once this finishes, it should open the directory that the files were extracted to automatically. Run the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe file in that folder to install the game.

Again, make sure you're completely extracting the files prior to installing it. Running the setup from within the .zip file itself will result in that error 100% of the time, and it's the only thing that would cause that error.

• still not working :( same problem :( I really want to play that game (it sounds soooo awesome!)

• Please walk me through exactly what you're doing with the .zip file.

• I'm uninstalling the game. Then I'm going into downloads under the start menu on my computer (it's vista btw) and I'm right clicking the file I got from you guys. I hit extract all, let it go the pre-selected destination, (I have a bunch of other ones like every where else in my computer too) then it asks me if I want to keep the simaliar file in there or if I want to copy and replace it. I hit the replace one. (sorry this is so dragged out, I just really want to play :) Then I install it. It completes it and the same problem starts up again when I click to play it. Oh, and I also tried to extract a file labled components that was under the zip file (thing) that I got from you guys, that didn't really help. :(

• It should be extracting a Components folder. Without that, the game won't install properly. In the folder the files are extracted to, there should be a Components folder and JurassicPark100_Setup.exe.

You're running the setup file from within the the folder you extracted the files to and not the zip file itself, correct?

• How many files do you have in the Components folder after extraction?

• Ok new problem. My Aunt got the game working, and I got passed episode 1, but when I go to episode 2 there's no picture. I can hear everything, but I can't see anything unless I hit the escape key. Once I hit the escape key, I can see the menu (game settings, begin episode, etc....) but that's all I can see. Help please. :confused::eek::(

Add Comment