User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!

782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Right now, I'm in the Ice Cavern in Ocarina of Time 3D, and I've done the first three days as Link in Majora's Mask. And in those three days, I've managed to get three pieces of heart (at least), the big bomb bag, and five happy masks (Great Fairy, Bremen, Blast, Kamaro's, and the Bunny Hood).

In the next three days, I'll be getting the adult wallet and doing my first run through Anju and Kafei, granting me another heart piece, Kafei's Mask, the Keaton Mask, and a bottle. Then it's off to do both Woodfall and Snowhead in the three days after that. If all goes to plan, I'll finish this game with the Fierce Deity Mask and complete Bomber's Notebook in eight three day cycles, including the first one as Deku Link.

• I am at the Sand Sea in Skyward Sword.

This game... is large. I don't remember how large Twilight Princess was, but this feels quite a bit bigger. I'm not sure that there are as many required collectables (for the completist) but the overall game world feels a lot longer in taking to traverse. The method of navigation between the major areas does cause them to feel more compartmentalized than Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time does (which feel more like a connected open world, imo) but each major area, with all of the obstacles required to traverse each landscape, takes much longer to navigate than Twilight Princess did.

It's as though the landscape is a maze in and of itself, without even considering dungeons.

• The thread I've waited my whole life for.

• <-------- Still has yet to play Skyward Sword due to needing to finish twighlight princess first.

I hate anything with Water and Temple in the same sentence...the one from Twighlight Princess is no different.

• In retrospect, the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time isn't bad. But the Great Bay Temple from Majora's Mask and the Water Temple from Twilight Princess are evil!

Add Comment