User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 26.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: Really? It was so hard to figure out Volvagia's weak point, they felt they had to make his face flash green? Every time I think this game's hand holding can't sink lower, it surprises me.

    And yes, I already know about the guide lines and extra cutscene in the Water Temple.

    Hey, I didn't know until recently that you could slash at him with your sword after the initial hit with the hammer or shoot him in the nose while he's flying around. Too bad Navi doesn't tell you things like that.

    And I, for one, am GLAD for that extra cutscene to show you that hole below the block. I don't know how many times I've forgotten that #@*#$& key! Again though, I don't pay too much attention to the hints. I've played the game so much that it's second nature to me at this point. The Master Quest though...yikes.

    I attempted to do a three heart, shield-less run-through(basically got rid of the Deku Shield as fast as possible). That was fine until I ran into a Stalfos in one of the narrow halls in the Forest Temple and it killed me with one blow. Then I back-tracked to every dungeon to get the heart containers. Which sucked, because I chose to jump from the main level of the Deku Tree into the basement and just happened to land in the small section that was shallow, so that took me down to 1 and a half hearts. Then ran to the second hole to take me in front of the boss room, and one of the Deku Babas chomped at me right as I jumped. Link was dead before he hit the water. Good thing I had a fairy or there would have been rage-quitting.

  • I would consider playing Master Quest after this, but 1. this is the second time in a row that I've played Ocarina of Time, and 2. I don't like that they felt they had to mirror the game for no reason and increase damage. If I want to play Master Quest, I'll stick with the GameCube version.

  • Dungeons of Dredmor. Very addicting. I finally figured out how to not lose all my save files. Turns out that clicking the "Permadeath" button was a BAD thing to do if you like opening up mysterious chests that have "Evil" written all over them.

  • @Alcoremortis said: Dungeons of Dredmor. Very addicting. I finally figured out how to not lose all my save files. Turns out that clicking the "Permadeath" button was a BAD thing to do if you like opening up mysterious chests that have "Evil" written all over them.

    But...but...
    That takes all the fun away!

    :'(

  • @GuruGuru214 said: I would consider playing Master Quest after this, but 1. this is the second time in a row that I've played Ocarina of Time, and 2. I don't like that they felt they had to mirror the game for no reason and increase damage. If I want to play Master Quest, I'll stick with the GameCube version.

    Not for no reason. The Master Quest on the 3DS is supposed to be for the veterans that know the game like the back of their hand. Flip the world to confuse you, double damage to make you worry about your heart total. lol

  • @GuruGuru214 said: I would consider playing Master Quest after this, but 1. this is the second time in a row that I've played Ocarina of Time, and 2. I don't like that they felt they had to mirror the game for no reason and increase damage. If I want to play Master Quest, I'll stick with the GameCube version.

    Twilight Princess for Wii is mirrored compared to the GameCube version.

  • @Chyron8472 said: True, but you don't know where it is, why it is where it is or that it looks exactly like a cross between Shigeru Miyamoto, a jar of pickles and a yak.


    oops.

    You made me spit my root beer everywhere!!

  • @Chyron8472 said: Twilight Princess for Wii is mirrored compared to the GameCube version.

    Isn't that only if you're playing right-handed?

  • @Shadowknight1 said: Not for no reason. The Master Quest on the 3DS is supposed to be for the veterans that know the game like the back of their hand. Flip the world to confuse you, double damage to make you worry about your heart total. lol

    If the original Master Quest didn't need it, why did they feel the need to change it?

    @Shadowknight1 said: Twilight Princess for Wii is mirrored compared to the GameCube version.

    Yes, but there was a reason for that (which I don't fully understand. Why do you have to flip Hyrule just to change Link's handedness?). In this case, they seem to have just felt the original Master Quest wasn't good enough.

Add Comment