User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alex IDV said: Isn't that only if you're playing right-handed?

Shigeru Miyamoto said in a video interview I saw once that Link in Twilight Princess is right-handed because most people (ie. gamers) are right-handed, and game testers' movements were getting confused when they slashed with their right hand making Link slash with his left. Miyamoto then said that, for the sake of resolving potential clipping issues, it was better to mirror the entire game horizontally rather than just to just flip Link's sprite.

The GameCube version of Twilight Princess (which is what I own) has Link left-handed, as he has been in all previous Zelda games.

• I'd kind of like to pick up the GameCube version at some point.

• @RetroVortex said: But...but...
    That takes all the fun away!

:'(

I die far too much. I want to play with the cool skills and stuff! And even now, I can still make my game unplayable by saving while I'm in my death throes. I totally did that already.

• @GuruGuru214 said: If the original Master Quest didn't need it, why did they feel the need to change it?

Yes, but there was a reason for that (which I don't fully understand. Why do you have to flip Hyrule just to change Link's handedness?). In this case, they seem to have just felt the original Master Quest wasn't good enough.

They flipped the entirety of TP in order to prevent clipping issues and so they didn't have to reprogram parts of the game. Time-saving. Which I'm thankful for, they made us wait long enough for that game.

As for OoT3D's Master Quest...they probably decided that there needed to be extra challenge. Which I can say that trying to do the Biggoron's Sword quest was given that extra challenge because I kept trying to go the "right" way.

Also, I'm glad I never look at my map, I didn't know that the game pretty much tells you where to go for the next part of the Biggoron sequence now. Heck, I even turn my mini-map off. Maps are for wimps. lol You'd think they'd keep that kind of stuff obscure so people would maybe buy strategy guides, but then again, Nintendo doesn't technically make their own guides anymore.

Speaking of, I was disappointed that Ocarina of Time 3D didn't get one of those nice hard-bound collector's edition guides. Would've liked one to replace my old, old, OLD OoT strategy guide that's barely intact.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Also, I'm glad I never look at my map, I didn't know that the game pretty much tells you where to go for the next part of the Biggoron sequence now. Heck, I even turn my mini-map off. Maps are for wimps. lol You'd think they'd keep that kind of stuff obscure so people would maybe buy strategy guides, but then again, Nintendo doesn't technically make their own guides anymore.

Speaking of, I was disappointed that Ocarina of Time 3D didn't get one of those nice hard-bound collector's edition guides. Would've liked one to replace my old, old, OLD OoT strategy guide that's barely intact.

Wait, so maps are for whimps but strategy guides are OK? :p

• I just go for Maniac Mansion because its my favorite.

• @Woodsyblue said: Wait, so maps are for whimps but strategy guides are OK? :p

They are when you're trying to 100% the games. lol Really, for Ocarina of Time, I don't need a guide unless I'm trying to track down the dumb Skulltulas. I've played the game far too many times.

• Playing Twighlight princess...I want to start Skyward Sword...but noooooo! Ocd won't let me...I need to beat twighlight princess.

• @Icedhope said: Playing Twighlight princess...I want to start Skyward Sword...but noooooo! Ocd won't let me...I need to beat twighlight princess.

Apparently, your OCD doesn't extend to spelling Twilight Princess properly, though. :D

How far are you in the game atm?

• I'm playing this dating sim/visual novel where you take the role of a girl in a school of pigeons.

No, "pigeons" isn't a fancy term for a type of anime boy, it is exactly as it sounds.

(help me I'm laughing so hard)

Add Comment