User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.1K users

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!

782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shadowknight1 said: In retrospect, the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time isn't bad. But the Great Bay Temple from Majora's Mask and the Water Temple from Twilight Princess are evil!

I never had that much animosity toward the water temple in Twilight Princess, but Ocarina of Time's water temple annoys me.

• No water temple in Wind Waker makes it the best game. Unless you count the entire game being a water temple!!

I'll probably get Skyward Sword for Christmas, but until then I'll have to wait in anguish. :[

• @PecanBlue said: No water temple in Wind Waker makes it the best game. Unless you count the entire game being a water temple!!

I'll probably get Skyward Sword for Christmas, but until then I'll have to wait in anguish. :[

*hears the Sailing theme from Wind Waker*

*twitch* NO MORE!!!!!

• Apparently I'm the only entirely non-hydrophobic Zelda fan in existence. I still say the Bottom of the Well is the worst thing in Ocarina of Time (though thankfully almost entirely skippable, save for the short section necessary to get the Lens of Truth), with the Shadow Temple being a close second.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Apparently I'm the only entirely non-hydrophobic Zelda fan in existence. I still say the Bottom of the Well is the worst thing in Ocarina of Time (though thankfully almost entirely skippable, save for the short section necessary to get the Lens of Truth), with the Shadow Temple being a close second.

First time I played I did half of the shadow temple without the Lens of Truth. I only had to go get it whenever I couldn't find a hookshot grapple point. (It's that one on the ceiling)

• I know the game well enough by now that I really only need the Lens of Truth to reach the one invisible moving platform in the Shadow Temple, to navigate the room outside the boss room, to fight Bongo Bongo, to follow the Spirit Guide, and to get through the Shadow Barrier in Ganon's Castle. And Ocarina of Time 3D makes this easier, as the Hookshot's laser dot changes when it lands on a grapple point.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I know the game well enough by now that I really only need the Lens of Truth to reach the one invisible moving platform in the Shadow Temple, to navigate the room outside the boss room, to fight Bongo Bongo, to follow the Spirit Guide, and to get through the Shadow Barrier in Ganon's Castle. And Ocarina of Time 3D makes this easier, as the Hookshot's laser dot changes when it lands on a grapple point.

Yeahhh, that was one of the things in OoT3D that made me go wtf?

The other is the glitch that lets you have the Master Sword as young Link. lol

• @PecanBlue said: No water temple in Wind Waker makes it the best game. Unless you count the entire game being a water temple!!

And the Temple of the Gods (the first half anyway).

Personally, I like the water temples. It's the ice temples I hate. With a passion. Skidding around does not make the game fun! And annoying slide-y block puzzles!

• @Friar said: And the Temple of the Gods (the first half anyway).

Personally, I like the water temples. It's the ice temples I hate. With a passion. Skidding around does not make the game fun! And annoying slide-y block puzzles!

Awww, but watching Toon Link fall flat on his face in The Wind Waker was hilarious!

• @Shadowknight1 said: Awww, but watching Toon Link fall flat on his face in The Wind Waker was hilarious!

Ha! Duh-duh-duh.

That noise is firmly engraved in my memory from that game. From what I remember, the ice part was mercifully short. And the iron boots helped contain the frustration.

Add Comment