User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @PecanBlue said: I'm playing this dating sim/visual novel where you take the role of a girl in a school of pigeons.

No, "pigeons" isn't a fancy term for a type of anime boy, it is exactly as it sounds.

(help me I'm laughing so hard)

Who came up with that kind of game?!

• I'm alternating between replaying the entire Sam and Max series with the Did You Try lists and Terraria. And thanks to PecanBlue, I just started a game where I am dating birds. Oh, what a life!

• Mario Kart DS plays so much better with the joystick on the 3DS.

• @Secret Fawful said: Mario Kart DS plays so much better with the joystick on the 3DS.

I'm looking forward to trying this with Super Mario 64 DS. Maybe I'll finally finish collecting stars.

• @Secret Fawful said: Mario Kart DS plays so much better with the joystick on the 3DS.

If Mario Kart 7 had a mission mode, it would be the greatest Mario Kart ever!

(Well, mechanics and graphically, it is. Nintendo did a great job tweaking it for more actual racing. And for once I can't say there is a single track I hate. I like that there are a few tracks that aren't looping, and the hanglider and underwater sections are nicely placed. The online was smooth as silk for me, and I was playing 7 other Japanese people! Its so goddarn fun! :D)

• A friend bought me Skyward Sword yesterday so I've been playing that. I love the graphical style, it's like a cross between the more realistic look of Twilight Princess and the cartoony look of Wind Waker. They've actually got the best of both worlds out of it; I particularly love that Link's giant, expressive eyes have returned.

I haven't played enough to an opinion on the rest of the game but so far so good.

@Shadowknight1 said: They are when you're trying to 100% the games. lol Really, for Ocarina of Time, I don't need a guide unless I'm trying to track down the dumb Skulltulas. I've played the game far too many times.

That's a good point, I didn't think about it that way. :)

• @GuruGuru214 said: I'm looking forward to trying this with Super Mario 64 DS. Maybe I'll finally finish collecting stars.

It works, but not as well as using the touch screen. For DS games, the analog slider works about the same as the D-pad. Makes it a little harder to sneak up on sleeping piranha plants and you have to hold one of the buttons to make Mario run. Though, I do prefer using it to the touch screen...the whole touch screen to control the game is one of the reasons I've put off getting Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

And I agree Woodsyblue, this Link is pretty darn expressive. Definitely more so than Twilight Princess's Link. Don't get me wrong, he had some great expressions(especially when he was getting b*****ed out by Ilia over Epona being "hurt"), but Skyward Sword took it up a notch or five.

• Yeah, Links bursting with character in Skyward Sword. Saw a great scene with him comforting Groose this afternoon!

Animation on the whole in Skyward Sword is really really good, it does drama sublimely and the animators have a fantastic knack for comic timing.

• Boredom and depression brought me back to my Pokemon Crystal game. I forgot that the only thing left I have to do is defeat Red/Ash and catch the Legendary Birds.

That is, if I don't get distracted with my Pokemon Stadium 2 efforts. Apparently I stopped playing the game as I was trying to level up a Quagsire for the Poke Cup R-2.

• Kurushi/Intelligent Qube

This is a real unsung hero of the PS1 era.
    A game where you run around and set traps, to clear cubes.

Sounds simple, and it is, but it gets so, so horribly hard.

Add Comment